Live: Water and Metal

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm going to be doing more live setups - and eventually play for an audience (they wont know what hit them).

This is a new try at a live thing. Mineral water through SDC mic, trumpet through Copperphone mic and bass DI. All signals processed in XT with loads of VSTs. Might be at bit harsh at places, but I liked the feel of it.

Water and Metal

9:15 - 16.9Mb - 256kbps. If anyone wants a smaller file, let me know.

Would you like to experience something like this live?

respirator wrote:Would you like to experience something like this live?
Sure.

Some very coool stuff going on. I like it.

I don't find this too harsh at all... it's actually quite pretty as it reaches the halfway mark... the rhythmic buildup in the second half is very well done. I'd definitely like to see this live - it's hard to see how all of this is happening.

pretty :-o (by harsh I meant some digital distortion, but it's drowned out in efx, so it works...).

I'll do a video a la Mystahr next time. It's simple, but I probably look very stupid with bass and trumpet and tweaking knobs at the same time. Well, I'll have to wear a hat ;-)

Thanks for listening.

I wasn't expecting much from this when I started downloading, but as it progressed it turned out to be a really good piece.. far less minimal than i had anticipated. I agree about the pretty quality in it. As it starts swirling toward the middle its a really uplifting feeling. The chaos that builds after that is also very interesting and a bit more somber.

I would enjoy seeing this live.

good, liked the effects!

ahhhh....metal.....as in alloy. dammit. :hihi:

okay, while i was expecting something a bit different, it was very original in the way it was created - i can definitely appreciate that. :)

lates

t-willy

Frontline tickets please!

But a video for now will do too :)

This had a beautiful floative feel about it, painting a foggy scene in the harbor of small time activity of local fisherman.

Tops!

wonderful piece of music respirator...I found it anything but harsh...very soothing, in fact and very coherent. Of course, that's coming from me, so take it for what its worth. I found this quite excellent. Seems like there's a number of amazing stuff coming outta KVR these days...must be spring.

I'm sorry to admit I don't know what SDC and Copperphone mics are. Could you explain it for me? Are they a common model or a specific type of mic?

Thanks

About the piece, I think it may personally be more interesting in raw form, no effects. Not that I thought it was bland or boorish. Unedited sounds in this context would simply be more interesting more. Though I am probably in the minority in wanting this.

Genetic: SDC: small diaphragm condensor. Copperphone: Image

http://www.placidaudio.com/

All sounds are unedited. Done live via a huge modular XT setup and recorded to stereo in the XT sequencer. Only editing is a bit of mastering...

Mark and Mayan: Thanks :D

Cool stuff
I enjoyed it, not harsh at all, very good when it get the rhythm
Thumbs up

Cheers

Thanks for the info :) I was thinking you applied effects to individual tracks after recording. Basically I was trying to get some free water and trumpet samples from you. :hihi: Still I am really impressed by your ideas.

This would go down great live. I can think of several places around these parts where you'd get an excellent reaction were you to turn up one night and play that.

Solid, solid stuff. There's a lot going on, all under perfect control. I'm really into this new phase of work you've started recently.

Laguna, Cron - thanks for listening. I'll have to come to London then. Sometimes Copenhagen is a very small city :-(

Return to “Music Cafe”