Ambient guitar based weirdness

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just sort of threw this down and some lyrics just 'occurred' to me. So I stuck 'em on the track. And there you have it. This sounds like the Brian Jonestown Massacre. In my opinion.

Laters...

Stream // Download

Quite nice; and while listening I can't stop wondering how this would have sounded without the rock-drums in a more kraftwerky drum setting.

Thats the second comment I've gotten regarding the drums. I'm not to familiar with the different types of drums associated with various styles of music. Care to elaborate? Thanks for listening.

Laters...

hmmmmm; that'd be a bit hard as I'm not too knowledgable on drums; but I'll try

The rock-kit you use here takes quite the front position within the whole here; with the kraftwerk (electro-)drums I mean a much dryer and more timid backing of the drums so that the guitar may play a much bigger part in this. Somebody else will probably explain much better, but ..... I tried

Cool track! The low didgeridoo-like voice is very cool. The guitar is nice and dangling. I agree somewhat with Mystahr on the drums. They're too ordinary. I'd go in the opposite direction, though. Some bigger, warmer drum sounds. Resonant toms, no snare, no hi-hat. Get away from the hissy, aggressive nature of snare and hihat and go for big, round, scary, warm. The kick sounds very thin and clicky on head phones. Doesn't do the track much good either. But good job!

Return to “Music Cafe”