Different Shades {The Game II}

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well, I don't know if this is what you had in mind, or even if it is any good but I had fun making it. :)

Game1

Thusfar I haven't had (read taken) the time to listen yet, but this afternoon I will

and ...... bump 8)

Double Bump :)

let me get this stright, cos i'll be playing with this this evening.

we use the mp3 in chunks of no less than a minute to create out own piece of approx 5 mins ?

are we limited to the source material exclusively ?

is the 1 min a guideline or is mark gonna chop my head off if i use any smaller bits ?

looking forward to this, cheers mark,

steve.

Not really been paying alot of attention to the cafe much these days, so I guess I miss out on alot of cool things. This should be interesting to see what you guys come up with. Just listened to the original mp3 and the Game 1 file and sounded pretty cool. Will keep and eye out to see how the final material begins to gel. 8)

... what... when ... can i be in or are all the seats taken... what is it all about... the rules are little unclear.... i cant sing but all my tubes are warmed up

blaster78 wrote:let me get this stright, cos i'll be playing with this this evening.

we use the mp3 in chunks of no less than a minute to create out own piece of approx 5 mins
The idea behind this rule was to tempt you to use larger chunks of the source rather then searching for short hits. The 5 min mark for a track is prefered.
are we limited to the source material exclusively ?
I hope not ;)
is the 1 min a guideline or is mark gonna chop my head off if i use any smaller bits ?
a mere guideline Steve

lex_strooder wrote:... what... when ... can i be in or are all the seats taken...
There is still plenty of room, since the first tracks will be solo tracks, round 2 will be cooperative tracks ;)
what is it all about... the rules are little unclear....
:hihi:
I am rather terrible at explaining aren't I
i cant sing but all my tubes are warmed up
You'll be fine then ;)

Since we love lists:

Here's the takers sofar

Suburban Grilla
.jon
Patrick9
pHz
Respirator
Polite Company
Blaster78
Lex Strooder

which would make for 2 quite nice teams;

The idea of round 2 is that the team will put their heads and solo-tracks together and create a team version.

Depending on how it will all go we may take this into a final or such

I really dig the entries so far!

I've exceeded my monthly droning limit, so I ventured deep into dairy product territory - but it's spring so I don't mind :D

...would I be breaking (looks like at least stretching) the rules if I use shorter clips along with the required >1 min pieces? I should have asked earlier, I'm already 17 tracks and 5+ minutes into the song :oops:

and what sort of timetable we have, if any? I'm still possibly days from mixing.

And it being spring, there's not going to be too much pressure on it.

If a deadline; then I'd say no later then June 1st.

PS; and the 1 minute rule isn't so strict (as are most rules) so not to worry Jon ;)

mystahr wrote:And it being spring, there's not going to be too much pressure on it.

If a deadline; then I'd say no later then June 1st.

PS; and the 1 minute rule isn't so strict (as are most rules) so not to worry Jon ;)
great source material, especially now i've got the lossless version.

cheers mark :wink:

ok, so i took two chunks of the source material (58 seconds each cos i'm a rebel) and played about in audiomulch and bidule for 3 hours. then i sequenced the new audio and added a few chords.

this be the result different shades (blaster78 mix)

incidently, its 4.57 cos i know marks a pacifist and won't hurt me :hihi:

did i do that right ?

cheers,

steve.

no one else done anything on this yet then ?

I would have something done but my internet connection has been really patchy recently so a 120Mb file is a bit much for it to stomach :( . I'll try again or at least try the mp3 and slot the flac in later.

Edit: I sucessfully DLed the mp3 and I'm looking at 86% on the FLAC :wink:
Last edited by Polite Company on Tue May 09, 2006 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”