New tune based on old 80s synth-pop tune (Unfinished)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kriminal wrote: Be a bit more 'cutting edge' eh...

There is no one else alive like me exactly. I think that is plenty 'cutting edge' Mr Breakbeat (arguably the MOST derivative genre in the world!).

i dont do breakbeat, thats cypher ;)

Kriminal wrote:i dont do breakbeat, thats cypher ;)
Didn't you used to? I remember those kits you posted.

Lady J wrote:
S.HUSH wrote:I'll check out SOS later. As for going with female vocals...just as long as it's not sung in a dramatic RnB style where they over exaggerate every word :hihi:
Here you go: http://music.msn.com/artist/?artist=41811670
Ok, here's my thing with Rihanna and pretty much all of modern RnB....THEY ALL SOUND THE SAME!!!! I get passionate when i hear submissions on RnB because I grew up on Parlaiment/Funkadelic, EW&F, Motown etc. etc. and man, you could HEAR Stevie Wonder, you could HEAR Maurice White, you could HEAR George Clinton....shit, fast forward '86 and you could hear Cameo vs. Fine Young Cannibals vs. Bobby Brown.
Today, all i hear is the same ol shit coming out and it sounds annoyingly nasal with no passion whatsoever. I can't tell the difference between Lil shit and Lil f**k cause they all sound the same and they have the same stupid names too.
Regardless if they sound like shit over a police record or a modified soft cell tune....it is crap IMO.

Now, i hear your Cars cover, and i honestly dig it. It has a nice dance beat to it (and i could care less for the original tune done by the Cars).
I would hate to think you would crush this potential tune by sounding like a "pop Rihanna" or what have you.
Honestly, it's your song, i do like it, and i sure hope you know what your doing with the vocals.
But my 2 cents.....be original. Don't emulate the annoying RnB singers of today.

Ok...enough ranting. :D

Return to “Music Cafe”