Finally!...please check out my tune & critique...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings...I've posted in the fxpansion forum a few times...but until now...never had a reason to post in here.

Started doing the whole Home recording thing awhile back.

I'm FINALLY starting to get the hang of all this stuff with the flashing lights and knobs on it... :shock:

Did everything myself with a Tascam 1884, Cubase SL 3.0 and BFD drums.

www.myspace.com/bryanwallace

Anyhoo...please take a listen and tell me what you think...the mix is not where I would like it to be...but...like I said I'm still fairly new to all of this.

Thanks.

31 views and not ONE single reply...???

Damn y'all...is it THAT bad...???

It sounds like your bass and guitar are fighting for space. I would high pass the guitar(s) and pan (it)(them) too. Also, the open hi-hat seems to stand out to much- if thats how you like it go with it.

You're not going to find a lot of Southern Rock fans here. Being from the south myself, you get use to a lot of different music styles.

Thanks LH

You're dead on with your critique as a few people from a different site made the same suggestions and I have fixed those problems...thank you for your time.

Cool!

Pretty much concur with what has been said with regards to mixing.
Song structure is good and I think you nailed the genre. Good job.
You're not going to find a lot of Southern Rock fans here. Being from the south myself, you get use to a lot of different music styles.
Don't let the lack of Southern rock fans prevent you from hanging around though. you could probably find lots of KvRians who who like a little of that guitar on thier tracks if you are up for a colab.

Cheers and welcome,
dano
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

That fuking rocks!

Better than most of the stuff i hear on the radio (in the UK). It's always a good sign when the production becomes irrelevant; i was so focused on the song that the overall sound became unimportant - that means you're doing something right ;)

It's a shame the song fades out; but that's just my personal taste - i prefer things to end with a slap in the face.

Keep up the good work.
eh?

Ameeerica! f**k Yeah!

Filthy McNastie wrote:31 views and not ONE single reply...???

Damn y'all...is it THAT bad...???
I was going to write a little critique but I was concerned that it might be taken the wrong way.

I agree with the other listeners that it's a little "muddy". You might want to download Ozone and play with a few of the presets. It really helps me. I use it often. I'm not saying to BUY it but try it and learn from the settings and apply something like it in your DAW.

The content is okay but "love" is repeated a lot and the song is quite long. Please don't take that the wrong way. Personally, unless I'm dancing or listening to some epic tune, I like 4 minute songs. I know some of those Southern tunes are long. I would cut it shorter and end it quick. It's powerful enough to end it quick with only delay or reverb trailing (very short fade).

One of my favorite tunes is Train, train by Blackfoot. I actually had the record years ago when I was in High School (yes, I'm old).

Good luck and keep rocking!

Return to “Music Cafe”