dukbient - blaster78 ft topaz on duduk

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i wasn't going to post for political reasons, but couldn't resist. :p

this is truly beautiful. i can't believe how well topaz plays duduk now! :o that thing is hard to play. wish he would sell to the us. i'm not really happy with mine plus the reed's broken anyway.

krank wrote:You should definately change the loud snare drum.
I agree, the drums and especiall the snare are a little to penerating. Not necessarily to loud, but the mix is quite empty in that range and hence the snare is too up front. I would change it for a nice long reverberated sound.

Other than that, yes, I like this alot, very nice and chilled out! The Duduk sounds great and works a charm. Makes me wish I could play a split read as Id be getting on of those thing myself!

Mood wise, I instantly visualised a high altitude pine forest, kind of Tibetan styles! Low mist everywhere, earily morning/ Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but its what popped into my head.

TB

diverdee wrote:The percussion at the start of this followed by that trembling synth line drew me in straight away.
cheers 8)
diverdee wrote: Love that mournful duduk's tone.
tis good isn't it, all matt's work that, inspiring indeed 8)

diverdee wrote: synth tone around 3 minutes in, kind of rasping - gorgeous.
that's actually daHornet of all things, through filterscape, which is what gives it the lovely rasping sound.

thanks for the sonnet byw, i like that a lot, now if anyone wants to record it for me that would be cool, i'm not sure i can pull it off with my yorkshire/lancashire accent :wink:

cheers,
steve.

tuz wrote:i wasn't going to post for political reasons, but couldn't resist. :p
:box: :x :? :hug:
tuz wrote:this is truly beautiful. i can't believe how well topaz plays duduk now! :o that thing is hard to play. wish he would sell to the us. i'm not really happy with mine plus the reed's broken anyway.

he is very good i agree, does he not ship to the us ? i've never checked his duduk website that carefully.

he's gonna make a trip up north in a while (when he gets his new car) and bring a few of his duduks. i'm gonna keep him busy recording until i've got plenty of raw material for at least an album worth of material :wink:

cheers,
steve.
Last edited by blaster78 on Mon May 15, 2006 6:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

tee boy wrote:the drums and especially the snare are a little to penerating. Not necessarily to loud, but the mix is quite empty in that range and hence the snare is too up front. I would change it for a nice long reverberated sound.
did you listen to the first link at the top of the post, or the link in the page directly before this. i did a new mix with a much less forcefull snare sound and i think better equing at mastering. just wondering though cos i forgot to change the first link.

i don't really want to smush the drums up too much as i kind of like the strident feel they have in the tune. maybe a touch more reverb on the snare would be a better idea than reducing the volume, i'll have to try that.
tee boy wrote: Other than that, yes, I like this alot, very nice and chilled out! The Duduk sounds great and works a charm. Makes me wish I could play a split read as Id be getting on of those thing myself!

Mood wise, I instantly visualised a high altitude pine forest, kind of Tibetan styles! Low mist everywhere, earily morning/ Not sure if this is what you had in mind, but its what popped into my head.

TB
cheers for listening, i quite like the hillside in mist idea, i have to say that hadn't really occured to me when listening/writing before but it fits very well.

cheers,
steve.

:oops: thanks, Steve really compliments it well :D

re: US, I normally don't but drop me an email via the site and im sure we can work something out.

have a nosey round the site at www.duduk.co.uk

(sorry for the plug steve) :hihi:

, the new mix is much better :)
tuz wrote:this is truly beautiful. i can't believe how well topaz plays duduk now! :o that thing is hard to play. wish he would sell to the us. i'm not really happy with mine plus the reed's broken anyway.
Last edited by topaz on Mon May 15, 2006 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

not a problem matt, well worth plugging :lol:

cheers,

steve.

topaz wrote::oops: thanks, Steve really compliments it well :D

re: US, I normally don't but drop me an email via the site and im sure we can work something out.

have a nosey round the site at www.duduk.co.uk

(sorry for the plug steve) :hihi:

, the new mix is much better :)
Topaz,

Tell us then mate, how long did it take you to learn this bad boy? I dont play any wind instruments, but I wouldnt mind giving this a blast. I can play Sop Sax a little bit, though that is not a split reed.

TB

Very nice and atmospheric.

I could play it basically after 2 weeks, I have had a Duduk now for about a year.

to be honest I hardly play it, once you get the basics down the rest kinda flows, the main problem is getting the right instrument, they vary so much.
tee boy wrote:[
Topaz,

Tell us then mate, how long did it take you to learn this bad boy? I dont play any wind instruments, but I wouldnt mind giving this a blast. I can play Sop Sax a little bit, though that is not a split reed.

TB

blaster78 wrote:now if anyone wants to record it for me that would be cool, i'm not sure i can pull it off with my yorkshire/lancashire accent :wink:
I could prob get it recorded for you in a vaguely exotic-sounding eastern european female voice.

clueless wrote:
blaster78 wrote:now if anyone wants to record it for me that would be cool, i'm not sure i can pull it off with my yorkshire/lancashire accent :wink:
I could prob get it recorded for you in a vaguely exotic-sounding eastern european female voice.
that would be awesome john :D

First of all, the tune sounds great. Finally got a chance to listen to it. I saw Duduk and immediately downloaded it the first day of the thread. Secondly, Matt dude that sounds great! I have a Duduk also. Two of them. I can make sounds out of it but can't play it like that. Although I don't play any other wind instruments so it is no surprise.

Anyway, nice esoteric track Steve.

I think I might have to become a blaster fan after this song.
I don't pick up on various kvr people's l33t skillz very quickly because I'm so bad
at names that even when a song stays with me I forget who did it.

I've also finally become one of those kvr assholes that just checks out the songs by the people I aready know I like, which is sad.

Especially since I might have missed this song, which is in for another bump from me.
Truly inspiring.

@squids, cheers mate. matts on holiday right now buying new bits for duduk cases.... and getting pissed in the sunshine 8)

@runagate, glad you liked the tune, theres plenty of other blaster78 tunes in the cafe and on my site for you to have a listen too :D

cheers,

steve.

Return to “Music Cafe”