Japanese translation + a song

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a bit early for me to post this song I'm working on.. but I'm deciding where to take it.. The song is based around a sample I found on my PC.. (I must have dled it a while ago) of a japanese chant (I think?)... just wondered if someone could translate it for me?

http://www.phunkynutts.com/music/chant3.mp3

Of course any feedback / direction on the tune would be great too... :)

Cheers
Ben
Last edited by Glooper on Sun May 21, 2006 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

someone here must speak japanese?

:?:

Ben

well if anyones interested here's a new version with some added bits..

http://www.phunkynutts.com/music/chant4.mp3

Ben

has a nice feel this ben, very chilled. not sure about the vox though, they don't quite work for some reason. the japanese chant is cool though.

i'd half speed that cowbell though, for once a tune needs less cowbell :P

steve.

That's not Japanese. It's the most basic buddhist chant that's universal for all buddhists. "Nan Wu Ah Mi Twoa Foa" which is like a praise for the Buddha.

Glooper wrote:someone here must speak japanese?

:?:

Ben
i speak jawa and huttese.

nice track tho kinda relaxing :)
not bad for a noodle mining cubase user...

oh... it's a buddhist chant... cool

Cheers peeps... well the vox is all temporary, still not really sure where this track is going. hopefully Mc Opia will save it from the random noodling pile and get it stuck on the completed song pile ;)

Ben

Very cool stuff!! I like the Buddhist chant thing you have going in the background, too. This could turn into a really good song. It seems like it could just use a bridge. Something texturally different to provide contrast. Add in thet middle 8, modulate up a half-step to vamp out on the chorus out, layering both the chant and the main vocals. And there you go, it'll be on the radio all day. ;)
Greg Schlaepfer
Orange Tree Samples
Ultra-realistic sample libraries for Kontakt

cheers greg :)...

Return to “Music Cafe”