FREE new Beat 4 Rappers. Feedback Appreciated.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I made this beat a while back. Didn't think it was good but someone told me that it was pure fire. so i uploaded it online. Gimme some feedback. thnx.

lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 73063&q=lo
hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getplaye ... 73063&q=hi

I think it would be a good song for a girl group. If you would drop in a sub bass line when the chorus comes in, it would be hot.

Good track...

thnx for the advice

It's great. I can see it being a perfect backing track for someone like Massari. I agree with the sub and/or other techniques for making it a bit more "tough" during the chorus, but it's already great.

Greg

bump

its verry clean IMO, but then all the stuff i make is verry dirty :hihi:

production is good! but it defently has a girlie feel to it, IMO it would be hard to thug out this track with rap lyrics

maby a 303 style or hoover bass through it could make the difference :shrug:

Subz

It's not the same kind of "thugging" as a DMX or Krunk-style track, but you can still rap over it with some raunch and/or gansta-style lyrics and it works well. Give'er a spin. ;)

Greg

yeah.. that's really good.. i can hear the 'clean'/'girl group' comments.. but it def sounds like a rap track.. i would add a bit of delay or ambience to that sine-wave style keyboard you have in there and maybe a touch of some overdrive and sub bass like the others said-- i think you could modify it to sound in the style of something that's been done-- but i think you're close to something that sounds original.. i hear a bit of new wave in it that sounds promising.. keep up the good work.

bump again

Hmm I'm going to have to break my "no insults" rule and tell you that if you play this for a rapper that is not already on your softball team you're going to get laughed at.

Some of the compositional ideas are keepers but this sounds like a Ukranian midi file played through a kiddie Casio or a General Midi module.

Where's your other songs? I'd like to be proven wrong.

Heh, I don't usually post 3 times to a Music Cafe thread, especially for a person who I don't know anything about, but I disagree completely. You just turn on the radio, and this slick, "synthesized" and very clean sound is all over the airwaves. There are many different kinds of backing beats and sounds to rap music, and I can't help but think that people are trying to put a square peg into a round hole by imagining DMX (or whoever) rapping over this.

"Drop it Like It's Hot" is a perfect example to me of a very "light" and synthy sounding track that is still rapped over by a well-respected and "legit" rapper by way of Snoop. I don't have a back-catalogue of names in my memory bank that I could drop into the thread, but my g/f listens to popular rap quite often, and this doesn't stray far from the current formula or trend.

It ain't no Blackaliscious or underground hip-hop, but it's a pretty standard style, currently.

Kinda Neptunes sounding.

replace that pad sound though.. tooo gm sounding. use like a rhodes or a swelling trancey pad. make it sound modern. use Trilogy for bass. some good sub basses there that would fit in this tune.

This could worki for a rapper like Pharrell who also sings but this is more something for a vocalist or group.

here's an example of something along similar lines i put together:

Back With A Vengeance

I agree with a couple of the other posters. The beat itself is very nice! It can work as a rap song or R&B/Hip-Hop track. There are a couple of sounds that sound very much like a Casio or PSR keyboard. This can work just depends on your featured artist. I personaly would play around with a couple of the sounds. Overall I like it a lot! Good work.
"..because anybody can
or should be able to rock off turntables
Grab the mic, plug it in and begin
..." -KRS-One
www.myspace.com/synthlegend

yep, nice and clean with much estrogen...i would like the synth turned down a tad. Get a girl on it, have hercome somewhat correct and proper and you have a nice little ditty!

Return to “Music Cafe”