Hold Up... I've had an idea

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

How about an ABBA album?
"Your petty insults are of no consequence." --Jp22
Songs

fjell_strom wrote:How about an ABBA album?
How about no? :P

I'd rather do Erasure.

How about Rumours by Fleetwood Mac...? I would love to hear an electronic version of The Chain

hehe... I don't know it, guess I'm out eh?
for entertaining porpoises only

i have a cd called "if i were prince"
rather than picking one album the acts choose their favourite tracks, so as has been said everyone gets a good track.

that way you just suggest an act then go fom there with submissions...

ianweb123 wrote:How about Rumours by Fleetwood Mac...? I would love to hear an electronic version of The Chain
you know... The Chain is the only song by Fleetwood Mac that I can tolerate. Stevie Nicks is one of the worst female vocalists I've ever heard. utterly atrocious.

(I'd consider contributing to this project if the album was right...)
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

vurt wrote:that way you just suggest an act then go fom there with submissions...
Gary Numan!

:hihi:
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

vurt wrote:rather than picking one album the acts choose their favourite tracks, so as has been said everyone gets a good track
That might be a better idea
intel wrote:Gary Numan!
But thats already electronic, perhaps it might be better to choose a more accoustic act :?:

Five leaves left - Nick Drake
Rakkervoksen

i quite like this idea and would certainly be up for participating.

personally i don't care what the album is but would actually prefer to cover a song i don't particularly like. i'd enjoy the challenge of making it something i could listen to.

i'll take part whatever the rules though...

just say the word ian :hihi:

blaster78 wrote:just say the word ian :hihi:
OK I've been a little busy today but I will have a think :tu:

the doors
velvet underground
bowie
donovan
dylan
marley
the stones
the beatles
sex pistols

trying to avoid anything that might be too obscure to include as many as possible but also have an interesting repertoire to play with...

vurt wrote: dylan
sex pistols
never really enjoyed either of these two but both have well known back catalogues... either of these i would find very interesting.

although as i said... i'll play whatever the rules :wink:

carly simon
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

blaster78 wrote:
personally i don't care what the album is but would actually prefer to cover a song i don't particularly like. i'd enjoy the challenge of making it something i could listen to.
What an excellent idea. I like this. In fact, let's pitch it to Markleford and see what he thinks of this for a contest.

Return to “Music Cafe”