File under Agricultural - knockman: Sweet Measure

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

:arrow: Sweet Measure

this is a simple song i've been fiddling with a while on and off, not quite sure what it is but that's ok. lyrically it probably comes across as agricultural.

it was made in eXT with a kind of monster organ built from instances of nubile, manystation and nanotron, plus a manystation guitar patch.

hope someone enjoys it. as usual any feedback most welcome.

regards

Hey Man, you got it again!

Another truely old-fashioned addictive best-voice-on-kaviar-not-so-wild-churchyard-down-there-in-somerset-once-queen-victoria-came-for-a-visit-wonder from our beloved knockman: I love it! without complaints....Thank you very much!

Melloanniversaire
"It dreamed itself along"

8)

I can almost see an old silent movie going with this if I close my eyes.

To my ears this has an "In Every Dream Home A Heartache" quality and you can take this as a serious compliment.
The only thing I missed was some kind of peaking surrealistic/psychedelic or whatever short departure in the middle or towards the end. Just a thought ...
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

mellotronaut wrote:Another truely old-fashioned addictive best-voice-on-kaviar-not-so-wild-churchyard-down-there-in-somerset-once-queen-victoria-came-for-a-visit-wonder from our beloved knockman: I love it! without complaints....Thank you very much!

Melloanniversaire
that's pretty much what i was aiming for :D thanks mellogentlefolk
zeoy wrote:To my ears this has an "In Every Dream Home A Heartache" quality and you can take this as a serious compliment.
The only thing I missed was some kind of peaking surrealistic/psychedelic or whatever short departure in the middle or towards the end. Just a thought ...
:) cheers zeoy, people oft remark on brian ferry in my songs and a compliment it is too. yes perhaps there's scope for further development. as i mentioned in the first post this song's been on and off a wile and could easily be returned to again.

thanks herodotus, my recent music certainly harks back to former times, i'm dabbling with a '1930's psychedlia' concept.

thanks again eveyone for listening and commenting, i wish i could invite you all over for some apple crumble.

heartfelt cheers

Weirdly fresh. It certainly is wide open for treatments and embellishments of all kinds, I imagined a Dukes of Stratosphear move, or maybe even a hip hop break, but in the end perhaps it's best to let it stand untainted and pure.
Image Image

I'm a sucker for songs about agriculture

sublime 8)

Hi Knockman again,
yes it's very interesting to listen to your recent stuff (besides 'showing out'). I have the impression, you're looking for another focus, a more condensed expression. Your 'old' songs (the lodger, the commercial house e.g.) are often bi-or-multifocal. The newer songs are more or less unifocal, more concentrated on one feel, more balanced. I wouldn't agree with some suggestions here in this thread. I wouldn't add or change anything. It's a very interesting experiment, you're up with now.

Mello

opia and polyslax thanks for listening, keeping it pure yet engrained with something earthy and beyond is the goal.

mello, thank you for listening further and commenting on my evolution. i'm happy with the way you see this, i'm moving away from bifocals and more towards a monocle:

regards

tres cool 8)

its does in fact sound like a 1930's accordian and organ band on lsd...

very pretty and beautifully executed.

Monunclemomoclenomonclenolomclelemolonk

Ah, I think I've heard this in larval form. I remember it sounding more fragile and defeated, this new version has more assurance and serenity. Possibly a Rorschach effect on the listener. The later instrumentation sounds new, and opens out the monochrome into a range of sepias. Lovely.

Haunting as always, with that tinge of the ineffable.

:D Hey, great song!!
and - as always - great singing and a very dinstictive athmosphere.
I like how you put some small very effective accents musically in the background -
and - wow - this thing has such an easy transparent and smooth flow, compliments, sir!
Plus (yees): No Percussion! Good songs need no drums neccesarily
:hail:
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

That's almost as good as my favorite modern Bowie song!

excellent - really liked the vocal. Alot. Just fuckin' wierd, detached and ever so cool. Much enjoyment here.

Return to “Music Cafe”