Acidic hi energy dance music, comments welcome!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Taika-Kim wrote:Hello mister superior viking, maybe you should see a Finnish forest party sometime to see what it's all about ;)

(Psychedelic) trance is (at it's best) all about fun & sincereness, it's like comparing abstract modern concept art to graffiti... It's a completely different sphere of thinking. (and also, either you get it or you don't. and this applies to both!)

The room effect is there on purpose, as well as the Linndrum sounds (hmm "rock" drums? I want to hear that kind of rock!). I agree that liking that is very much up to the listener.

But it's quite refreshing, in my 7 years of musicianship, that's the outright most negative comment I've received, nice to see that some people bother, I know you're there afterall ;)
well, yes I'm confident enough to tell you what I think after almost 9 years of "musicianship" and going to danceparties since the early 2000's and being an electrohead since I was 11 years old...I know my shit, I know my genre's and this isn't good anywhere..sorry, but that's my opinion and I stick to it.

addenum:

to explain myself, I wouldn't have commented on the music if I didn't feel I had something to offer, but I do and my coments are very valid....If they played stuff like this during the lasts forestrave I was to (about a week ago) I would have left...dark/prog/tech -psy is more my thing really...not bleepy stuff like your music.

Well. Hmm, just been sleeping for 12+ hours, came from a forest party, and yes I guess in Finland we have a sound of our own :) (suomisounds, old goa, darkish modern psy, all fluidly in the same party...)

I also had a phase of extreme critique against production values, but after mostly starting to listen to ethnic music around the world, I have opened up again to diversity, and especially sincerity in music. I try to judge every track against _itself_ (as in: how far the tune has reached it's own potential) not any other piece of music or some specific genre.

Dunno about the melodies, apparently they were cheesy or "90s" to many, dunno, to me they just gave a nice warm feeling, and that's usually a sign that people on the dancefloor will also like it :D

I think everything flows pretty well, although I tended to enjoy it instead of analyze it. That lead is awesome, how does that old saying go. A goat and some oatmeal is no deal for the farmer? I think that applies here pretty rigidly.

Return to “Music Cafe”