a new performance piece

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was taking some field recordings in my yard the other night and decided that I should pull out my ductwork and perform a little ditty to accompany the crickets and toads.

Collaborations With Nature Pt. 1

enjoy.
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

intel wrote:I was taking some field recordings in my yard the other night and decided that I should pull out my ductwork and perform a little ditty to accompany the crickets and toads.

Collaborations With Nature Pt. 1

enjoy.
what ...
no marsupials ?...

they weren't out last night.

imagine this. where I'm moving, there are no marsupials. a horrifying thought...
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

intel wrote:they weren't out last night.

imagine this. where I'm moving, there are no marsupials. a horrifying thought...
you can console yourself w/ real big ( and i mean giant ) rabbits ...
that glow ...
inna dark ...

I've heard those jackrabbits are intense.

I hope they like the sound of screeching ductwork.

intel wrote:I've heard those jackrabbits are intense.

I hope they like the sound of screeching ductwork.

perhaps ...
perhaps not ...

hrm. well I must say that I'm not prepared for that.

intel wrote:hrm. well I must say that I'm not prepared for that.
this ain't no ' night of the lepus ' ...

so...
performing on the rusty gate (sounds anywhere from a rusty gate to an old windmill, which I have recorded many minutes of sfx from for documentories and other field work. (windmills, that is... hard to miss here on the plains of Nebraska, where the only marsupials are 'possums))

:)

very nicely recorded!
for entertaining porpoises only

thank you. its a piece of AC ductwork bowed with an old violin bow. I wish I had a rusty gate or a windmill... oh the possibilities...

Not much else to say but 'beautiful'. I hope the ductwork will be coming along on your move.

alas, there's no room for the ductwork. fortunately I'll be donating it to worthy individuals so that it will continue to provide use to the noise/electroacoustic scene.

I'm sure I'll be able to scavenge another piece from a construction site once I get settled on the west coast.

Return to “Music Cafe”