It was time to come up with something "straight"... .. .

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yes, some day it had to happen, I finished the first of my "real" songs.
You can find it for the price of a smile at The Auditorium : http://the-auditorium.net/viewtopic.php?t=4656

Get it while you can,

Cheers,

Max... .. .
Carpo diem ergo sum !

hey man i love the guitar tone to everything! it's almost like a have a cigarish pink floyd with r and b but why the hell am i even comparing. who's doin vocals? i'm guessing you, your girlfriend, and a baby. i like it. song ain't my style but it is excellent.

ooh now that is slick :o 8)

great stuff man :)

Mothers of Invention with guest players from Little Feat produced by Isaac Hayes- Excellent!!
:)
for entertaining porpoises only

Thanks for those words ! Up to the next song...

Cheers,

Max el Happy... .. . :P
Carpo diem ergo sum !

OK we forgive you for the pop-iness :hihi:
you got some great vocalists among friends and family, you got the skills and you got great guitar sound and playing :hyper: care to share the set-up (axe, amp, mics etc ... hey wait dont tell me it's a sim :-o )
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

What can I say about guitar sound (?). :shock:

I tend to use every fx I have at the same time ! At least that's the impression people get when they see my set-up... :hihi:

But a big helper is "mda Detune", discretely applied ! :wink:
Also George Yohng's W1 Limiter does a great job. To finish cut of the nasty highs and ugly fatness after the distortion/overdrive. 8)

It doesn't matter too much if you use soft or hardware IMO. I always get a good sound; it was a bit more complicated 40 years ago, when I started... But even then, with 2 old tube radios in serie ! :hihi:

Limitations have to make you more inventive. Anyway you are going in the right direction; you've got it in ya !

Cheers,

Max... .. . :P
Carpo diem ergo sum !

Hey, I like this one ! :D

Sounds familiar though... .. .
Carpo diem ergo sum !

Max el Belga wrote:Hey, I like this one ! :D

Sounds familiar though... .. .
was scratching my head to figure it out :nutter: For a moment I thought this was meant to be posted in another thread. But then ...

best bump ever :tu:

Hi there mate, you're a good "malakas" ! :wink:

After 1 year of ancient Greek in my youth I'm glad I could learn a multiple-purpose word in modern Greek. :hihi:

BTW your country has one of the most honest kitchens (I mean the system of kitchens in the greek restaurants); and the first country that sends aid to the libanese civilians. 8)

Cheers,

Max, o xenos... .. . :P
Carpo diem ergo sum !

Max el Belga wrote:Hi there mate, you're a good "malakas" ! :wink:

After 1 year of ancient Greek in my youth I'm glad I could learn a multiple-purpose word in modern Greek. :hihi:

BTW your country has one of the most honest kitchens (I mean the system of kitchens in the greek restaurants); and the first country that sends aid to the libanese civilians. 8)

Cheers,

Max, o xenos... .. . :P
More than one word then ... Max l'etranger

BTW that syntax of "malakas" is used when you want to insult someone. If you wanna use it friendly you say : "ela re malaka" something like "c'mon maaan" :D

Ela re malaka, so it's a bit different than in spanish. Here it is only the intonation that makes the difference. You can say it friendly, joking, complaining, you name it...

Yes my teacher (nice female) told me "xenos" was one of the few ancient words that survived history.

See ya, maaaan,

Carpo diem ergo sum !

Yeah, this one goes well ! :D

Moo... .. . :P
Carpo diem ergo sum !

deaf dunderkwac wrote:Mothers of Invention with guest players from Little Feat produced by Isaac Hayes- Excellent!!
:)
Yeah...absolutely.(free)
Love it haha
Read somewhere that Dweezel has never figured out how to get his dad's sleezy guitar sound.
It's all about the player.

Creative formant processing on some of the voices. : )
Just love the female voice,"just hold on" !!!
Great track Max..still enjoying it...telling my friends too.

BTW - The track dynamics are good,but I have to say it could really use some mastering EQ.I tried a bit here on my mackie monitors and the recording holds up well when re-EQ'd.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode, you're completely right about that EQing ! 8)

In fact until now I've never used an EQ in the mastering... But in this song I must do it ! :shock:

Thank you very much. I love critiques ! Certainly here at KvR, because you are a bunch of very talented, open minded, crazy people with a great sence of humour and professionality ! :D

Cheers,

Carpo diem ergo sum !

Return to “Music Cafe”