Aint Got Much to Say (something different from me)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well here's something just a little different than you might expect from me (6 minutes). I did things quite different working on this. Instead of mixing in AA, I just used AA to record the live parts and I mixed this (as well as wrote it) in FL...the ending is by design because I hope to have this song lead into another...this is just the first mix, often everyone here has some good suggestions...so let me know what you think

Aint Got Much to Say

:)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

First impressions, I really like this. It has a dark edge to it. The hihat (and some times the snare) seems a little out of sync here and there, but I really like the sound of your kit, and it sounds very organic and real.
It really is a bit of a departure for you, isn't it? I enjoyed this a lot. The lead pushes it on where the 'band' almost approaches monotonous, and I really like the slappy bass thing towards the end. Great!

If this leads to something more, I want to go there too!
Rakkervoksen

Thanx Hovmod, I'm having fun going in different directions...who knows what's next...the drums are DFHs... :)
The highest form of knowledge is empathy, for it requires us to suspend our egos and live in another's world. It requires profound, purpose‐larger‐than‐the‐self kind of understanding.

Hink, I like this one. Reminded me of Aynsley Dunbar Retaliation's "To mum from Aynsley & the boys". :D

Warm greetings,

Max... .. . :P
Carpo diem ergo sum !

I PMed the details, but I will say it here, I dig this alot Hink. Nice punchy bass guitar.

Stupid American Pig wrote:I PMed the details, but I will say it here, I dig this alot Hink. Nice punchy bass guitar.
yeah the bass sounds really cool.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Absolutley cool Mr Hink!! :)

Love the style -- typical Hinkster mode. Nice flow and great mix :)

When can we hear more like this mate? ;)

Cheers,
Alex 8)

thanx guys, I like a clean bass myself...I think the bass has more power when it's clean...Alex I'll try, who knows what's next :)

bit dark for you this aint it :o
not sure about the guitar tone myself, id have probably gone for a dirty sound but thats just personal...

it does work tho dont get me wrong, and the more squealy parts are nice indeed.

not much else to add really, the mix seems to work the playing, well thats you ;)
so all in all a nice piece of proggery.

keep experimenting :)

thanx vurt...I'm enjoying going off in different directions...G-force changed my life :hihi: Which guitar part do you think should have a more dirty sound? The lead part I wanted lots of sustain without garble...the squeals are my thing, I'm not sure I can play without squealing :shrug: There really isn't much to the acoustic if you know the tuning...:)

the start of the guitar is just a bit clean for my liking :hihi:
tho i tend to use distortion a lot cos it hides my shabby playing :lol:

the squealy parts i liked :D

distortion on the acoustic? Isn't that like pissing in yer bong :P

Hink wrote:distortion on the acoustic? Isn't that like pissing in yer bong :P

dunno never pissed in a bong :shrug:

well not my own...

vurt wrote:
Hink wrote:distortion on the acoustic? Isn't that like pissing in yer bong :P

dunno never pissed in a bong :shrug:

well not my own...
:lol:

I really like it! Nice tones on the guitar, drums sound pretty chilled. Good stuff.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Return to “Music Cafe”