"Glitchy" Guitars, listen, criticise

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Tryin to make "glitchy" music with guitars.

Track is called "Curved".

www.myspace.com/amorfatimusic

All opinions appreciated...

I gotta go at the moment but I'm tagging this for later

interesting concepts and sounds here, my only complaint would be the mix is a bit full on on high freqs(but that could be the myspace player, ive had probs with it in the past)
other than that tho, nice n harsh sounding, angry :x
as it should be...
i like the fact the glitch side is quite minimal but still present.

look forward to hearing more in this vein 8)

I like the low tuned guitars. This is cool stuff.
I have been glitching my guitar as well using "Glitch" and lemme tell ya...you can spend hours just experimenting.
I'll post something once i actually like it. :hihi:

But i do like what you have going here.

Thanks for the responses!

I am oparticularly interested in comments on the mix. I definately do think the myspace player does something to the songs. They never sound the same.

Here is a link to the mp3:
http://www.bohrsfault.com/Curved.mp3

I spent a lot more time mixing this than any of the other tracks i've done. I've been trying to get better at mixing. I didnt do anything crazy. I EQ'd out anything over 8800 on the gutars and anything below 40hz on the synths.

My main worry was that it is was lacking in bass over all. I boosted the kick around 50hz to give it some more low. I might get a lend of my mates 5-string and record one.

cool, pretty full on for me this, sounds good though.

some proper bass would work very well, nice rolling bassline to underpin it all.

cool stuff,

steve.

Thanks blaster78.

How does the overall mix sound? What could be improved?

That synchopated part in 9/8 is wicked, then the dissonant chords. The mix is actually pretty good considering that it doesn't sound as though it's mastered at all. I was just giving advice to someone with similar guitar sound. I'll try to dig up the link.

Pretty nice, please make more music like this.

Cheers runagete, glad you like it! :)

Return to “Music Cafe”