The Fires of Gehenna

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow some screwy things happened to this thread while I was away.
snooky wrote:@ intel/shamann
you guys are obviously not good musicians or producers :roll:
Snooky, I thought we had made that obvious by now. That you mention it only now means I should try harder to show off my poor musicianship.

For others, I have nowt against rhythms and melody, just don't think they need to be the object of focus for all listening excursions. Sometimes, I just like listening to what I'm presented without it having to meet any given expectations of order that I may have.

To John, excellent thing you've made here, boredom notwithstanding of course.

Wow some screwy things happened to this thread while I was away.
snooky wrote:@ intel/shamann
you guys are obviously not good musicians or producers :roll:
Snooky, I thought we had made that obvious by now. That you mention it only now means I should try harder to show off my poor musicianship.

For others, I have nowt against rhythms and melody, just don't think they need to be the object of focus for all listening excursions. Sometimes, I just like listening to what I'm presented without it having to meet any given expectations of order that I may have.

To John, excellent thing you've made here, boredom notwithstanding of course.

cmon steve it has been a while since we had to defend our corner :shrug:

as for the track itself...
eerie build up, haunting voices
deeper into an underground cave system...

i kinda like the sermon(not in a woohoo its jesus way, more a yeah that works)
the way it moves in and out of the sound field helps give a feeling of disorienteeringness(thats prolly not a word in the US) either way is going quite nicely with a sunday joint...

ps needs more cowbell.

I liked this.

And I will go out on a limb and say that I know WAY more about old-fashioned melody and harmony than snooky does (or would know, were he not cursed with illiteracy) so my opinion is WAY more important than his is.

Hope my approbation isn't offensive somehow, John.

:hihi:

8)

thanks for listens and feedback all. for those of you who enjoyed it, 'twas naught but my pleasure to share. for those of you who found it boring or didn't "get it", thanks anyway. next time you stumble on a thread detailing the source material as a field recording and air blown across a styrofoam cup you'll know to bugger off instead of wasting your time.

;)

as for the sermon I can only say that I'm a sucker for sermons in dark ambient music. the timing and intensity of the preacher adds a certain gravity to the recording that I can't replicate with any other spoken word sample. plus they're typically public domain...
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

I'd love to listen to this as the description sounds a lot like 'My Life In The Bush Of Ghosts' but 15minutes long on dial-up? :shock:

herodotus wrote:I liked this.

And I will go out on a limb and say that I know WAY more about old-fashioned melody and harmony than snooky does (or would know, were he not cursed with illiteracy) so my opinion is WAY more important than his is.

Hope my approbation isn't offensive somehow, John.

:hihi:

8)
Ajm not speewlling bad - wayj woold joo saj dat?

I thought it was a dig at your comprehension, not spelling.

shamann wrote:I thought it was a dig at your comprehension, not spelling.
he called me illiterate - but hey, who knows eh?

snooky wrote:he called me illiterate - but hey, who knows eh?
Aye, but illiterate doesn't pertain to just spelling, it's the whole "not much of a reader" business.

Illiterate: from Merriam Webster

1 : having little or no education; especially : unable to read or write <an illiterate population>
2 a : showing or marked by a lack of familiarity with language and literature <an illiterate magazine> b : violating approved patterns of speaking or writing
3 : showing or marked by a lack of acquaintance with the fundamentals of a particular field of knowledge <musically illiterate>

still, its a cool track eh ;)

Not heard one of your tracks in quite awhile John, love the atmospherics of this, has a filmic quality that I love, conjurs up all sorts of images, would be great as a sountrack to some abstract art video. Love the production too all the sounds fit in the mix nicely. Well done 8)

shamann wrote:
snooky wrote:he called me illiterate - but hey, who knows eh?
Aye, but illiterate doesn't pertain to just spelling, it's the whole "not much of a reader" business.

Illiterate: from Merriam Webster

1 : having little or no education; especially : unable to read or write <an illiterate population>
2 a : showing or marked by a lack of familiarity with language and literature <an illiterate magazine> b : violating approved patterns of speaking or writing
3 : showing or marked by a lack of acquaintance with the fundamentals of a particular field of knowledge <musically illiterate>
mmh - perhaps I am an idiot.
:?:

snooky wrote:mmh - perhaps I am an idiot.
:?:
If you insist. :P

momma always said "if the shoe fits, wear it."
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

Return to “Music Cafe”