Can I share music I wrote from a movie?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I spliced a bit of the movie and put Music to it...
an experement, as a practicing effort..
can i share this here to talk about it?

without people freeken out on me about copyright fairsuse?
:D

I personally don't know but I'd like to hear it.

you have high speed?

If you do not own the copyright it would be best not to share it publicly. If you do not own the copyright and did not get a mechanical and sync licence for the music you should not have used it in the movie in the first place.

If you composed the music and did not sign away the publishing rights, I would love to hear it and cmment on it.

Sepheritoh,
I made the music meself, fresh..I just added a backdrop from a movie to it..
still bad? to share here for example?

the clip for the backdrop is from the movie "contact"

Well if you wanted to do it completely without fear, you would tell us where to cue our DVDs so we can hit the play buttons simultaneously :hihi:

Well, certainly you can post the music.
Sepheritoh was asking if you sold the publishing rights but you're saying you synced the music to the movie clip just for yourself to practice scene-scoring, right?

Is it illegal to clip out a piece of a movie to use as a backdrop just to practive scoring against so long as you don't distribute it in any way? Just a theoretical question because it piqued my interest.

glurgle,

well its not even a complete piece of work really..its stops like just before it takes off..

runagate

yes yes..its scoring practice for shure..i dont anticipate any good scores for this *L* but yea ok ok..you talked me into this easy..one sec..making a link

http://www.cowpancakes.com/alahnee/contact.mpg
28 megs sorry aout the size guys :P

please let me know what you think

thanks

:D
Last edited by Alahnee on Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:36 am, edited 4 times in total.

that doesnt look like a link to me..ship
yea thats better :roll:

i guess use some headphones =)

Whoa it's 28 megs. My wireless is going in and out so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

:clown:

that bad uh?
:shrug:
ok will pull it before i get in trouble

Return to “Music Cafe”