Barracuda Electrica [Ambient]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Barracuda Electrica.

A new track from me (64 kbps only, sorry)! If requested, I'll try to upload a 128 kbps version (running out of webspace, as always). Comments please!

More to come soon. :wink: .
Eventually something intelligent will appear written here. Watch this space.

Interesting piece.
I like how it moves along musically,and even though there is percussion going on,it doesn't seem to distract you away from the music.

The cat like filter sweep I didn't like at all.The sequence your running seemed to be pitched sharp to the other sounds,maybe some other sounds also...i'm now feeling that was intended.Gives a good old school analog sound...and that works.

It's all quite imaginative ja.x.

The best compliment anyone can say is "this works" and I believe it does.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Thanks.

I have second thoughts myself about the sweep/reso when I listen to this very version: it turns the piece too busy at some point. But in fact the problem is not the effect, but the part that's too loud, like some other ones; anyway it's a lesser problem in the original .wav version, so maybe I'll not change it yet, and will give it a further listening. Later I'll post a new version.

On the other hand, my tracks usually crossfade in each other in the final CD mix, and that explains your feeling that it's going somewhere else :wink: .

Hi ja.x.

Your english is good...but maybe not so good to understand all of the meaning to what I wrote. That is ok,the music is the most important thing. : )
On the other hand, my tracks usually crossfade in each other in the final CD mix, and that explains your feeling that it's going somewhere else .
I never did say this,that not my feelings.I only said good things about it...and the "cat" filter sweep is good...only the "cat (meow) sound" I didn't like.Just a small adjustment maybe.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Yes, I'll just take those 'meow' parts back a bit :) . Thanks :tu: .

Ahh. A very interesting piece indeed.
I agree with annode here on almost all levels. The percussion isn't at all bothersome, but it does sweep up the song in a nice relaxing way.
The meow-sound, you have pulled that out already? I didn't hear it at least.

The atmosphere and the vibe this gives off is what you want to hear in a song when stretched out on the grass with your partner, looking at the stars..

Now where did he go.. :hihi:

The meow is still there :). While you don't notice it, it's "unnoticeable" (ah!), but if you notice it once and for the 1st time, it will not leave your ears easily. Those parts are not a problem themselves, just are too upfront.

Return to “Music Cafe”