blaster78 - lost corner (sunset mix)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Liked this a lot generally speaking. Drums seem a tiny bit loud yet the hats are a tiny bit (and I do mean tiny) soft. Love the little glitchy things that come in about half way through. The early stabby/stacatto melody seems kinda out of tune, it's real slight but enough to annoy me. Loved the harmonium.

A nice, drifting tunage. Nothing to jarring, nothing out of place.
Fits the feel of writing music after the little one's down :)

I started to drift off (that wasn't nice now, as I'm at work dimmit :x )

:lol:

Did you mean to use the slightly-out-of-tune instrumentation?

Just wondering, cause of having used slightly out-of-tune-ness as a tension device. I've been playing with that off and on, and am still unsure when how much is too much. Or even if it works. (it does seem to get comments about 'being out of tune' alot :D )
for entertaining porpoises only

the out of tune instrumentation is indeed delibertae, its a fine line though between not enough and too much. what works for some people will just annoy others. :wink:

@shane, i love my harmonium, its bloody massive and now has 7 broken keys but its lovely.

cheers,

steve.

is that field recording from freesound? The melody on the drifting synth is awesome.

Another cool one.

Genetic_Junk wrote:is that field recording from freesound? The melody on the drifting synth is awesome.

Another cool one.
the crickets are off freesound aye... not many crickets in derbyshire :hihi:

blaster78 wrote:the out of tune instrumentation is indeed delibertae, its a fine line though between not enough and too much. what works for some people will just annoy others. :wink:
I got this cousin, teaches music (Dr. Music):hihi:
who never seems to have problems with my tuning abuses, but he does with my timing :lol:
(which I also use as a tension,) Still, we share similar love/hate relationships with odd mixtures of texture.
I thought you got it right!
Got pics of the Harmonium?
for entertaining porpoises only

deaf dunderkwac wrote:Still, we share similar love/hate relationships with odd mixtures of texture.
I thought you got it right!
cool, thanks
Got pics of the Harmonium?
i'll take some, it's an ugly dark monstrosity with too much carved wood really but it does have a certain charm.

steve.

Quite the pleasent listen; although it appears (to my ears at least) that there's some high end notes in the glitchery that sound a bit too sharp. Other then that; I love the melodic arp. Keep going!

very relaxing tune. very well done. the fade out dongles though :tantrum:

Return to “Music Cafe”