free sorta dark ambient/experimental net album

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

All tracks from this album center on concepts from the Mahasatipatthana Sutta (http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/mahasati.htm), which describes the pursuit of complete awareness in life. Although this Sutta is formally a part of the Therevada tradition (hence the Pali spelling for the factors of enlightenment or bojjhanga), the Mahasatipatthana Sutta is an important guide for Zen Buddhists as well, as it is the source for the ox-herding pictures. It's also just sort of interesting general psychology and philosophy stuff.

http://www.jopymusic.com/jopytunes.htm

The mastering on this was done by the incomparably talented Richard Dunlap (who is here)

Man, there's a lot of stuff there. Three tracks in, great so far. Too much to comment on in depth, I'm afraid, but great.

Thanks for listening Shamann!

I like zip files full of music. Checking it out now.

Downloading now...

Homage to the Buddha, the Dhamma, and the Cyber-Sangha!
My spies inform me that jmeier wrote:Although this Sutta is formally a part of the Therevada tradition (hence the Pali spelling for the factors of enlightenment or bojjhanga), the Mahasatipatthana Sutta is an important guide for Zen Buddhists as well, as it is the source for the ox-herding pictures.
Yes, but we Vajrayana types can appreciate it, too -- awareness belongs to no sect. 8)

Thank you for this beautiful gift of music.
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Very nice stuff. I don't have the song name in front, of me but the last one's transcendental.

downloading. I'm quite sure I'll enjoy it.
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

Three tracks in now and unfortunately I have to stop listening now. I'll get back to a full listen soon enough.

Very enchanting!

thanks to everyone for listening!

Return to “Music Cafe”