mystahr feat. Buddha Machine - Caterpillar

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i love the way you've handled the dynamics of this track ...

the build is subtle , and not over-long ...
the minimal stabs foreshadow the tension to come ...

for me , the outro makes the track ...
what a wonderful ending ...

:D

it is always fun and an unknown journey when I am at the starting point as I never know which turns it will take. I can tell you I was moving and dancing about quite a lot whilst making this, but felt I needed to pay special attention to how I was going to end this. I am glad I did alright :D

See you in the morrow

wind and water,and a moaning hum of the universe,with electromagnetic squeals and scratches....with enough confidence to almost die to nothing.
choice.

Family's away this weekend. Drunk, this is absolutely exactly what I needed to hear tonight, Mark. Sober, don't know, wait until tomorrow, but this is great mystahr psychedelia.

Tell us the signal chain. Which parts are FM3?
Last edited by shamann on Sat Aug 12, 2006 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

And what colour is your Buddha Machine?

steve hamann drunk?! sirs must be crazy...
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

this is brutally ugly space music. best way I can think to describe it. loved it.
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

fateamenabletochange wrote:wind and water,and a moaning hum of the universe,with electromagnetic squeals and scratches....with enough confidence to almost die to nothing.
choice.
8)
enough confidence; word..... pinpointed

shamann wrote:Family's away this weekend. Drunk, this is absolutely exactly what I needed to hear tonight, Mark. Sober, don't know, wait until tomorrow, but this is great mystahr psychedelia.

Tell us the signal chain. Which parts are FM3?
The track opens and closes with the FM3 in a clean chain (be it initially inserted into the 4track - since it has a 1/8 jack and I can't plug that straight into the mixer, but gets a second channel routed through: RRV-10 -> RDD-20 -> RV3 - tape-delay.
Other channels are the Juno/Fizmo and the CS10 in mono plus one channel of the Fizmo running throught the intel-bent pedal.

I very much like that machine and it will definatly show up more :D

mine's green btw

intel wrote:this is brutally ugly space music. best way I can think to describe it. loved it.
8)
cheers john

mystahr wrote:I've oft wondered about the thin line of music and art and sometimes just don't consider myself a musician (more for the fact that I can't really play anything, but I can play with ... )
rubbish.

it's a feeling every artist has now and then. being able to hide behind an instrument and musical skills doesn't change that. and often, it's those who break the mould that convey the most emotion. from the first split second i listened i recognised your sound. many muso's would envy you for that.

lovely track - as usual. i really dig your stuff. soothing, and entertaining like a journey. emotional. the high pitched bit at 4/5th had me giggling. lovely outro.

Man I would love to see you in concert someday, of course you would have all that fantastic gear on stage that I could envy. Nice track Mark, the great master of all things hardware :)

cptgone wrote:
mystahr wrote:I've oft wondered about the thin line of music and art and sometimes just don't consider myself a musician (more for the fact that I can't really play anything, but I can play with ... )
rubbish.

it's a feeling every artist has now and then. being able to hide behind an instrument and musical skills doesn't change that. and often, it's those who break the mould that convey the most emotion. from the first split second i listened i recognised your sound. many muso's would envy you for that.
:oops:
Music is a feeling indeed, and isn't something that can be turned into black or white. Magic keys :D
lovely track - as usual. i really dig your stuff. soothing, and entertaining like a journey. emotional. the high pitched bit at 4/5th had me giggling. lovely outro.
Cheers Jojo; much appreciated

Soniccat wrote:Man I would love to see you in concert someday, of course you would have all that fantastic gear on stage that I could envy. Nice track Mark, the great master of all things hardware :)
I'd love to see myself there too :oops:

Master :-o

naaah, just a fiddler on some roof called mystahr ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”