bluedad pop song, unabashedly so

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can't believe it's taken a week to squeeze this short litte bit out. lyrics mainly, I'd rather pass a kidney stone but well!
any comments on the mix welcome, as this is the first using my Behringer Truths, and they're quite different from A10's.
Taking My Time
Last edited by bluedad on Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

woo7 ...
grabbing now ...

as to the mix ...

for me :
bass seems a tad strong ...
vocals could be a bit more forward ...
all else seems fine here ...

as to the comp ...

it's pop , alright ...
pretty damn good pop , as well ...
you're pushing your vocal range ,and breathe control , at the 1.00 mk. ...
might want to re-examine that bit , as it comes off a little awkward ...

it's good to hear you again ...

This isn't pop, this is better than pop - at least most of the shite they pedal nowadays.

I like the fact that its bassy... sounds very nice and gives the track a warm fuzzy feeling.

"coffee brewing in KvR" :lol:
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

I would like the vocals up some,but I always seem to be saying that,and have trouble with this myself.
There is a vocal note at 30-31 sec which sounds imprecise.Like normal,sometimes there seems indecision about the note being sung,which I am sure would come right with some repetition.
Nice song.

liked this one a bunch, -your stuff usually seems to hit the ear just right. I like your pop/rock sensibilities.
As to the mix, I was thinking the same things normal posted: a little bassy, maybe vocals forward. I thought that high line/ psuedo string sound could be delayed or r'verbed, perhaps, but it sounded nice as is.
very Beatles-ish to me.
thanks for posting it :)
..what goes around comes around..

hello alex.

The frums & bass are too loud & the voice too soft but it's a nice song. I'm not sure about the - short violin bits? - but don't worry about the lyrics. It's a fine song.
www.drippycat.com - switchaball for iPhone, switchballHD for iPad

clueless wrote:hello alex.
the significance of that is not lost on me. thanks!
:wink:

ok, I thank y'all for the listen and comments. Seems I have some work to do yet. Perhaps I listened to this with the volume too low, because I just wasn't getting any bass out of this. I just didn't want to drive the family crazy hearing this for the 1007th time, but I reckon they'll get over it.
drums loud? you should've heard them BEFORE I brought 'em down this morning. :hihi: I think I'll go back and redo some vocal bits too and see if I can smooth that 'middle 8' it's awkward to me too. just mainly wanted to find out how the mix was.

very nice gary, very sweet song.

bass is possible a tad heavy, vocals maybe a tad low but it all sounds pretty good to me.

sweet 8)

Great song, Gary! Happy!

I like the drums where they are. Full stop.

Have you forgotten about our collab...?

:)
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

thanks for the listen, steve and watto!
Watto wrote:
Have you forgotten about our collab...?

:)
No I haven't, it's on my desktop. What you've done is so stunningly good, I'm afraid to do anything!
I'll get on it right now, give my ears a break from this one.

Don't be like that - it'll be great!

:D
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

ah 8)
summery 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”