Some thrash metal here.....

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I want to test my mixing skills so I uploaded this half song/half jamming recording.
Fast and loud (and good) thrash metal/metalcore song with (I think) good production work. It's a streaming 64kbps WMA but it still sounds....
Click the link below and then click "play song"

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?PID=849543&t=8054

Tell me what do you think!

haha you reviewed your own song?!! Uh, I personally dont like the guitar sound, it sounded very square, whatver that means. It fits in the mix though, so my complaint is the sound of it, but its clear and fits in. Other than that it is just 'there' for me. Perhaps when it is completed I will get more of a vibe, cause I didnt really get a vibe, and thats what I feel/listen for. The playing is good, I cant tell if the drums were programmed or live, If they are programmed it was a good job, ,IF it was live, then they are the 'everything' to triggered/sampled sound which I have been guilty of in the past as well.
link to my Asspace page(Myspace) This has become a necessary evil http://www.myspace.com/worldofshit1

thanks, man. yes, i reviewed it (and note I didn't rate it with 10) trying to help the song to reach some more interesting position in the charts so more people can review it. The drumkit is programmed (DFH2 layered with... waldorf attack!) and i'm very happy if you can't tell if it's live or sampled because I spend lots of time programming it carefully. I love those bands with "triggered-but-live-sounding" drums. Thanks again. I'm checking your songs now.

i like this :-). bass could come out more, though.
good guitar work. melodic trash, and Feat- Factory -like drum programming. LOUD mix ! How did you work ? Software, and if: which compressors ?

Douh! and I am a bassist... I'm always afraid of putting it too high.... well let's see:
There's looots of work done by the excellent PSP mixpack plugins mostly on drums (and some of the vintagewarmer in bass)
Guitars were havily processed (or destroyed) with the Izotope trash.
Some Waves reverb and Izotope Ozone in the main bus (its Multiband compressor and its "loudness maximizer" just rock!) Thanks for your review

Return to “Music Cafe”