runagate Biggie Pearl & funky lime songs .RARs SampleTorrent

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

*edit* archive of funky lime now seeded! - Incredible!

Sample Torrents has runagate songs for all-at-once download

Requires a bit torrent client like azureus to download them, but my
entire album Biggie Pearl and two compilations of my first PC songs (good to chop up and use for samples) and my more recent experiments are all available in big ole .RAR archives so you don't have to click a thousand times to get a ton of music.

I wish more people would do this.

SampleTorrents is just starting out but there's a bunch of sample sets (drums, clarinets) and other people's music there thus far, too.

Nothing new, just easier to download en mass now.

Previously all this music was spread across soundclick, the auditorium and music-spot.net

*warning* small amounts of me singing contained here and there.
Last edited by runagate on Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hmm. I wish I'd thought of some better way to encourage people to .rar piles of their songs and put them on SampleTorrents. I'm not good at "promoting" things. Anyone have any comments on the usefullness of doing this?

It was a bit of a pain at first since I misunderstood the instructions (not that they weren't clean, mind you) but I'm about 10,000 times more likely to listen to a whole bunch of someone's music if I can somehow grab it all at once and not sit there and right-click even just a dozen links.

What kind of stuff is it Gatey?
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Put up some rarred radiohead albums...it's all about status man.

runagate wrote:Hmm. I wish I'd thought of some better way to encourage people to .rar piles of their songs and put them on SampleTorrents. I'm not good at "promoting" things. Anyone have any comments on the usefullness of doing this?

It was a bit of a pain at first since I misunderstood the instructions (not that they weren't clean, mind you) but I'm about 10,000 times more likely to listen to a whole bunch of someone's music if I can somehow grab it all at once and not sit there and right-click even just a dozen links.

while i like the idea...
i neither have the knowledge time or even tracks now to do it...

I'll do it for you, if you'd like!

As the head of the Rectilinear Fanbois of vurt International I feel it's my duty to do so.

Esoecially since I probably have more vurtage than anyone else ;)

runagate wrote:I'll do it for you, if you'd like!

As the head of the Rectilinear Fanbois of vurt International I feel it's my duty to do so.

Esoecially since I probably have more vurtage than anyone else ;)

indeed that would be awesome 8)

although there is one who has more...

i was given a dvd with the first few years of postings on and as far as i know the guy in question hasnt stopped collecting :o (i really should check with him...)

but yeah any of my previously released stuff is fair game...

and thanks for doin the work...

i have to sign up to dl your bits which i will, just not this moment in time cos im a little inebriated so dont wanna feck it up and end up logging in as dildo or something...

Well, I'd rather encourage others to put up there music there than get people to listen to mine. Mine's not listenable by most people's standards ;)

But if your friend can get his vurt trove up on there, or get it to me to host, I'd be overjoyed!

It doesn't take all that much work to do it (and trust me I f**ked it up for days but now I can explain the process) but then people that already have decided they like your music can easily get more. There's a lot of people whose music I'd like in a big collection here on KVR and I'm sure there's lotd of other people who are too lazy to grab the entirety of their friends' music - until it comes in one single click! That's about as easy as it gets.

Here's hoping more people use koolkey's great site.

Amberience wrote:What kind of stuff is it Gatey?
The album one is various mutant versions of pop music or spacey entheogen music.

The old stuff is huge gobs of me trying to learn to use PCs to make music. Good to use to chop up for samples.

The newer comp is mostly more recent fsu stuff I've already posted on KVR.

I was blasting Biggie Pearl tonight while delivering pizzas, and aside from the several strange looks i got, I enjoyed it quite a bit (it was something of a mixed blessing though, listening to it in 10-minute segments). Unilater Multislacker is still my favorite, that melody gets stuck in my head every now and then.

is there a certain order in which the tracks should go in a playlist or on a CD? your tracks didn't have any track numbers so i just burnt them alphabetically. i'd like to give it another listen in the proper order and in the proper state of mind 8)

thanks very much for sharing. i might try to follow suit and scrounge together some mp3s from the past year or two to upload if i don't get distracted.

(CJ... are those your initials? mine are CJR :shock: )

• 1] Rebootilcious
    2] Heartdried
    3] Nonrectilinear Dance
    4] Wiggin’ Out
    5] Art We Not Deco?
    6] Flauting Convection
    7] Or Not 2 Pac, Man?
    8] Phat-Stealers
    9] Kleptochondriacs
    10] Unilater, Multislacker
    11] Quantum Entanglements
    12] Schiamacachinnations
    13] Jilt Crud
    14] Locomotiv Astronoumena Caboostier
Please! More funky lime songs!

runagate wrote:Please! More funky lime songs!
hang on, i'm trying to figure out how to make a torrent... i think i gotta smoke on this one :hihi: :drunk:

and i don't exactly have an "album," just a pile of unfinished ramblings that all start to sound the same as each other...

Ok, so that took you 1/1,000,000 the amount of time it took me to figure it out.

Sweet, in 3 hours I'll be in funky lime's world and I'll be seeding it, too :D

Thanks, mate!

Fantastic - I'm listening now, funky!

Thank you thank you!

Return to “Music Cafe”