:33 beat

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

thats a good point rachmiel, and I told you not to worry, I wasn't accusing you of button pushing. I myself am a glitcher, and understand the beauty of such things.

> not to worry, I wasn't accusing you of button pushing

thanks. :-)

because all my reaktor instruments and most of my compositions use randomization extensively, people often assume i make music by pushing a button, mastering, and calling it a piece. it's more like: pushing buttons over and over and over, recording the results, throwing away 4/5 of it, and then editing the remaining 1/5 over and over and over and over until a form presents itself, then honing this form, mastering, distribution.

i've never run into an instrument, mine or anyone else's, that can generate a stream of guided-random music that's so good it requires no (or even little) editing. randomization is a great starting point, but then comes the compositional challenge.

Indeed, I was going to step in and point out that I do prose, rick does poetry but he already beat me to it.

You think PC aleatory requires ediing you should try learning aleatory multiphonics on a woodwind. That's the only musical technique that really had my full mind/body participating at full involvement. Yeesh!

Or tablas are like that, too, but my reaction to that was to give up. Damned hardest intrument on the planet.

Return to “Music Cafe”