ambient glitch microbeat. "Rain Pord"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I thought I'd get in on the fun of microbeats.

Just a quickie I whipped up today cuz it was raining. Tis only 1:56 long

http://www.tindeck.com/audio/file/4dto2 ... 20pord.mp3

best results with earphones.

don't get wet!

-Mac.

this is great! love that glitchy beat and the undermixed vocals. i'll ask you the same question i've been asking others. what do you use to get a glitchy beat like that?!

hey, DUG. glad you DUG it.

All you need to glitch up beats is a really well built discman and a long sterio cable... ;)

Dug Fir check out Reaktor 5 - and dig into their sample transformer ensembles.

MacZero- Like the beats

Check out my track http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=150850
I think you'll like it
MySpace/Escapee Planes
Virb
Perfume EP out 17 Dec, 12" MP3, FLAC & WAV

nice work maczero --- love this kinda ting -- similar to what ive just done beatwise. I know you quickly knocked it up , but its a bit lacking on the bass front , but lotz of potential nonetheless !! :phones:

cool :)
jeremywentworth.com - music and software

I dunno... the drums feel a little... generic. They're cool, don't get me wrong, but I crave something more to keep the composition together. Either different sounds and rhythms, or an interesting synth over the top of them.

I like the crackly sound present throughout it all.

icelizzard, yeah you're right, i did the drums really quickly. They have a kind of flat mix that i actually wanted to have as a part of the mood of the piece.. the focus for this track is the crackly sound really. If you use headphones it sounds just like bieng under an umbrella when it's raining, (I'm surprised no one mentioned that?)
I was going for a kind of overcast rainy ambience thing. dunno.

hehe frenetic rainstorms :)
too short, but longer may have spoiled the feel i guess :D
nice work.

MacZero wrote:icelizzard, yeah you're right, i did the drums really quickly. They have a kind of flat mix that i actually wanted to have as a part of the mood of the piece.. the focus for this track is the crackly sound really. If you use headphones it sounds just like bieng under an umbrella when it's raining, (I'm surprised no one mentioned that?)
I was going for a kind of overcast rainy ambience thing. dunno.
*Nod*

Now that you mention it, that does sound a lot like being under an umbrella. I guess the reason it didn't occur to me is because in a musical context, I'm a lot more used to hearing vinyl pops and synth crackles, so I just sort of mentally classify it as digital noise.

Return to “Music Cafe”