Watto's Request Hour

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

G'day guys,

Well, I've decided to start a Myspace site, and record one request per week, just me and my pianer - the site is http://www.myspace.com/simonwatsonmusic

I've got Hallelujah up for the first week, and I'll look through the "I know it's a cover" thread for those ones I promised to do ages ago :oops:

Anyway, no need to post in this thread, unless you want to say it's a cool idea :D - request at Myspace! You can request here instead if you like - whatever's easier.

:)
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

"There She Goes" by The La's
I've always thought this tune would lend itself to a simple piano + vox version if you slow the tempo a tad.

PS - Simon, i've still got a bit of writer's block regarding that collab tune but maybe something will inspire me soon..hopefully, as I don't want to abandon it.

?

I'd like you to clarify as to whether - upon you completing a request - you would then be expecting a payment?

We have obviously had this confusion before, based on you being a
(ahem) "professional musician".

If you are indeed requiring a payment for this work, then I for one don't appreciate you touting for business on these forums.

Ta. :wink:
http://chrisamusic.bandcamp.com/
"It's square to be hip"

oddbods finger wrote:"There She Goes" by The La's
I've always thought this tune would lend itself to a simple piano + vox version if you slow the tempo a tad.

PS - Simon, i've still got a bit of writer's block regarding that collab tune but maybe something will inspire me soon..hopefully, as I don't want to abandon it.
No probs, dude! I'll check out "There She Goes" - you're first in!

Manc Chris wrote:blah blah blah
G'day mate,

You don't actually NEED me to clarify, right? You just wanted to have your say?

I remember this now - it's great, thanks mate! Good pick!

:D

hi Simon,

I really enjoied the cover of hallelujah
well Leonard Cohen is my alltime favorite

another song I could imagine, "my girl" by the temptations,
should be nice with your pianer

anyway keep em coming
and thx for sharing

Thanks, mate! I'll have to think about what to do with My Girl - thanks for the challenge!

Watto wrote:
Manc Chris wrote:blah blah blah
G'day mate,

You don't actually NEED me to clarify, right? You just wanted to have your say?

No. Clarification is needed. Not everyone around here can afford a bill from an (ahem) "professional musician". Ta. :wink:
http://chrisamusic.bandcamp.com/
"It's square to be hip"

Ok, the first two are up - it's going to be easier if you all request it from the myspace site, so head on over!

What about my requests? Should I re-request them on myspace? Would one need an account there to do so? I'd really love to hear your takes on them :)
Stefan H Singer
Musician, coder and co-founder of We made you look Web agency

Yeah, you'd need an account, so remind me what they are here. You mean the Deine Lakaien ones? I got dizzy scrolling through (and finding) the old thread, so if you could post them here that'd be good :)

Deine Lakaien's "The Game" and "Love Me To The End" and I also suggested Foo Fighters "Everlong".
Stefan H Singer
Musician, coder and co-founder of We made you look Web agency

A Watto/Oddbods Finger collab is in the works?

Jimmie, ring the bell, we have a winner.

Seriously looking forward to this - put me on your mailing list for when it's released.

-Scott

Yes, obviously I'm not the only muso in the world who has trouble finishing things... :hihi:

I'm waiting to hear from Oddbods and mCKENIC, with whom I started pACKET fILTER, one of my favourite collabs on KVR thus far. Also waiting for bluedad to finish a little something, too :)

No probs, though - there are people waiting for me as well :oops:

Return to “Music Cafe”