Jarre style electronica

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a wonderful track. I'm a big Jarre fan, and this track is a great accomplishment in the same direction. My only gripe is that it ended far too soon!

KEv

These comments really made my day. :)

@ Roman Empire - I dunno what you're referring to. There are quite a few 16th note parts in this one. There are a few layers of hats, and blippy fx that are used as hats. Also a layer of tambourine playing 16ths. There's an melodic arp or two in there playing 16ths. And then there's that percussive "helicopter" effect that sounds exactly like what Jarre uses in Oxegene or Exquinoxe. That's from Crystal, and I found it by accident, but I had to use it.

Hi Arglebargle!

Thanks, I think it's the helicopter then :) So is that a preset in Crystal?
Arglebargle wrote:These comments really made my day. :)

@ Roman Empire - I dunno what you're referring to. There are quite a few 16th note parts in this one. There are a few layers of hats, and blippy fx that are used as hats. Also a layer of tambourine playing 16ths. There's an melodic arp or two in there playing 16ths. And then there's that percussive "helicopter" effect that sounds exactly like what Jarre uses in Oxegene or Exquinoxe. That's from Crystal, and I found it by accident, but I had to use it.
Best Regards

Roman Empire

Yep, it's a preset. Don't remember the name offhand.

Excellent track. I really like your arranging. :)

Remarkable Jarre influence.....fantastic mix, i'd say best mix i've heard in months (except for Oddbods' maybe), totally transparent and the song is a perfect and wonderful sound-experience. Composition and arrangement faultless: Congrats! Very impressed.....

Mellolisten
"It dreamed itself along"

thanks guys. Glad some people like this one. Started it months ago, but was hit by a crippling round of writer's block for the rest of the summer. Didn't really have any intention of finishing it, but then I decided what the heck.

Hi runagate.
I've checked it out on myspace, but here I can enjoy it again with higher bit rate. :)
I really like the filter sounds and love the offbeat rhythm. You've found very interesting things between chaos and cosmos...!

YUGA wrote:Hi runagate.
I've checked it out on myspace, but here I can enjoy it again with higher bit rate. :)
I really like the filter sounds and love the offbeat rhythm. You've found very interesting things between chaos and cosmos...!

uhhh... what. :o

Sorry I posted it on a wrong topic. :oops:
Now I heard your song Crystal Planet.
Clear but warm - very nice!
:)
Cheers!

Return to “Music Cafe”