almost danceable, am i in danger oif goin techno?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rachmiel wrote:> am i in danger of goin techno

about as much as i am. ;-)

phew...

wavephonic wrote:
left wundering
:D
works for me.

Arglebargle wrote: sellout.
:o
:cry:

:hihi:

FatherKeeL wrote:um. if anything, it reminded me of venetian snares ... though i would consider them mainstream compared to this...

hmm, not listened to much VS, altho i have heard them name dropped many times, i should check em out but there is so much music out there sometimes its hard to hear it all :o

thanks all for listenin and commenting :)

nah, seriously, I loved it. I could never do the kind of abstract stuff that you or rachmiel do... I wouldn't even have the faintest inkling of a start of a clue how to begin.

First time I've ever tapped my toe to a Vurt song :lol: (Seriously! :-o )

However, if I were to try to dance to that, I'd pull something.

Great stuff.

Cheers,
SWTrex
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

Arglebargle wrote:nah, seriously, I loved it. I could never do the kind of abstract stuff that you or rachmiel do... I wouldn't even have the faintest inkling of a start of a clue how to begin.
Here's how to do it: love your fx tools, become obsessed with them, play with them for ludicrous amounts of time and then throw them at every little snippet of audio you ever generate until you become some sort of FSU ninja.

runagate wrote:
Arglebargle wrote:nah, seriously, I loved it. I could never do the kind of abstract stuff that you or rachmiel do... I wouldn't even have the faintest inkling of a start of a clue how to begin.
Here's how to do it: love your fx tools, become obsessed with them, play with them for ludicrous amounts of time and then throw them at every little snippet of audio you ever generate until you become some sort of FSU ninja.
Had to make a trip to KVR Wiki for "FSU". :hihi:

Other than Metallurgy, I don't think I really have any plugins that are good for f**king shit up. Need to do a mass download of weird plugins. Been having a strong desire to dabble in some weird abstract stuff lately, like what you do, or vurt or rachmiel, or those types of artists.

Well, I don't know how I'd go about gathering insight into rach's music. I practically worship his footsteps which spring up carnivorous lotuses with every step. Plus, he's a Reaktor mad scientist so I'm not entirely certain wtf it is he's doing, technically, though I grasp where he's coming from which of course is the important part.

FSU plugs can be a danger to someone who isn't used to FSU already with normal effects. We learned our techniques with stomp boxes and the like back in the day, for the most part, then started automating VST delays and the like, and then gradually some of the genius devs made tools specifically for the esoteric needs of the truly daft. But getting what you want to hear without prior experimentation can be a bitch. Even I, a great lover of FSUs since before they existed (I had a 16-bit digital multifx with an expression pedal for my sax that I was dearly in love with!) am having a hard time coming to grips with the Mecca of FSUs, Novuzeit's Motile! Course, Jack would just say to toss it across a Mariah Carey song and be done with it hehe but I'm not really of the "random input, heavily edited output" school.

I am terribly jealous of your orchestrating abilities, Argle, coming from a monophonic instrument it takes a damned long time for me to put stuff together like that. I know vurt tries to aver that he's not even a real musician sometimes lol. Essentially I have and always have had orchestrated "fx automation" as my main tool, based on the limited tone palette of my instruments, my love of psychedellics, and my lack of multitracking capabilities so you know way back when I couldn't even remotely hope to get a crappy rompler string synth sound from my limited gear, let alone all that we now have. And yet I still love sound-morphing many times more than any VA lead sound (course, all my VA leads are dangerously slurpy and tripped out because of it) which is odd, being a rather lyrical soloist with an instrument in my hand.

Perhaps if you use FL we could trade files back and forth to collab and see how each other do things but I suspect you use something else.

Sorry for the thread hijack there but I know I just typed 100x more than vurt will this whole week hehe.

runagate wrote:I am terribly jealous of your orchestrating abilities, Argle

guess it's an issue of greener grass, etc, cuz I am quite jealous of the type of stuff you guys do. Anyone can put together some insipid orchestral melodies, but this kinda stuff requires alot of creativity and a mad scientist mentality. I definitely would like experiment in it.... been feeling my style is getting too predictable lately. need to tread some new ground.

And no, I don't use FL, I use Sonar.

BTW sorry vurt for derailing the fukk out of this thread. :hihi:

cool.

runagate - great post, hijack and all!

My creations follow more along the line of Argle's, but I too would like to get a little more "experimental" - break some rules, and cross some boundaries. :D

Go for it Argle! I'd like so see what you come up with...

Cheers
SWTrex
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

SWTrex wrote:runagate - great post, hijack and all!

My creations follow more along the line of Argle's, but I too would like to get a little more "experimental" - break some rules, and cross some boundaries. :D

Go for it Argle! I'd like so see what you come up with...

Cheers
SWTrex
Glad you like, as PE would say welcome to the vurtdome!

:help:

ohhh, tasty FSU madness, with a fourslash4, and a 'oh' bassline...teh audacity...i like the sheer madness...weirdo

cheers to the guys who listened and commented, and no probs on a hijack, not when its relative and informative :)

Return to “Music Cafe”