runagate - cover of Fiesta + tracks you can remix now posted

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I really like this arrangement, runagate...
Good example of how unreal sounds can be made to sound real, a jazz jam on toast showcasing each player's (plugin's) abilities.

As is typical for a runagate tune there is plenty of movement and moments of tension, plus a nice tribute feel that stays true throughout. Thanks for the music... 8)

bop...bebop...hardbop...runabop...

runagate: LOL.

bobsled, you want me to send you the tracks I rendered?
You'd remix them pretty much how I would if my machine didn't have AIDS, it'd be fun ;)

Sounds like the band of "Love boat" on mescaline :-o
Seriously man, you wrote/played all this? Some great solo lines there colored by the runa surrealism.
Thumbs Up.
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

Good lord no I didn't write this!

It's one of my favorites, it's Chick Corea's "La Fiesta"

I couldn't arrange all that, though I could play the solos if I had a midi horn ;)

runagate wrote:Good lord no I didn't write this!

I couldn't arrange all that, though I could play the solos if I had a midi horn ;)
A midi horn?

:?

:hihi:

Very cool.

Nah you silly! :P I know is Chick's. I meant if you piano-rolled it or played it from a score (or by ear) or you just used a midi file and rearranged. Anyways, still Kool!
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

I think, the piano is a midi-file....but you never know.......runasurprises always round the corner.......

m
"It dreamed itself along"

I couldn't do that by ear, and if I could my shitty PC would never tolerate it. It's a score-to-midi deal.
Whoever scored those solos is nuts. I don't read music so even though I can pick out chords pretty easily there's hmmm 5 or 6 trumpet lines, 5 saxes, 3 tronbones, etc etc. My ear ain't that good!

Lemme post the song I actually just finished quick and you'll see the level of complexity my PC allows me hehe.

This is madness! :)
I am d/l'ing it so that I can play it at work tomorrow and freak everybody out!
..what goes around comes around..

herodotus wrote:

A midi horn?

:?

:hihi:
A MIDI midget horn, or is that- naw, we won't go there...yet :lol:

You're making my jaw hurt again, runny... this is wonderful :hail:

ew
A spectral heretic...

horny midgets? :-o

m
"It dreamed itself along"

Perhaps not everyone is as fascinated by these VSTs as I am.

The Sax-O-Phunk and Miles'Tone are automated to hell and back to get those sounds, though I can hardly micro-edit it to sound as real as if I had a midi horn.

The sad thing is that the DSK Brass sounded damned good in the trombone section til I had to eliminate it when my PC arbitararily decided to no longer load it, even when I re-downloaded all 80 mb and re-installed - though at least FL no longer claims that it's not registered! (it's freeware, there's no copy protection lol).

I'd have done a lot more atmopheric effect manipulation on the various leads and horn sections and all but I barely managed to sqeeze it out of my PC and into a Mac for comilating the parts as it is. What a pain. I'd love to revisit it someday and you know I'd make it glitchy and more runagate-ish in general, like the hilarious drums. I'm glad many of you find the humor as well as majesty of this VST version of this song.

runagate wrote:bobsled, you want me to send you the tracks I rendered?
Oh, hell yes... :D ...

OK, it'll take a while to get em all uploaded but I'll post the links! 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”