CypherOne - Been Here Before

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It was cold here yesterday...

perhaps a bit downtempo and melancholy?

Been Here Before

Not sure it all fits together and it's probably a bit long (sorry about that)

it inspired me to do a little re-mix :oops:

Lovely feel to this Cypher. I'm all over the melancholy thing, so this really hit the spot. I like the progression, the instrumentation, nice stuttery stuff. Great!
Image Image

Once again I find myself enjoying one of your songs even more than the last one. Not too long by any means (shit, we've got poly clocking in at 13 and mystahr at 17 I don't think my processor would much care to even hard limit those tracks) all of which I think the length is waranted for. You're tuning my ears to your idiom, Cypher. Thanks for the new song. I will be enjoying it many times.

thanks chaps, glad you liked it.

@ Mark, bring it on :grin:

pm'ed it to you

Honestly, when it started with those pads it sounded a little tacky to me (I need to point out I don't usually go for this music - something like but not really).

Well I kept listening, I liked the beat. Once the little synth thing came in (arp? maybe... not) I was hooked so I'm going to be adding this to my playlist. Good work on the tune! I like the things the synths do in this track.

The thing I found most tacky was the piano near the start, actually. It sounded too dry for my liking perhaps? It reminded me of listening to a MIDI file, where the composer only composed the notes and didn't choose the sampleset or FX. This said (and I have been saying this a lot on KVR recently) I am not a professional, only a hobbyist, and I daresay my understanding of things is several steps lower than many here. I say this so that, while you might take in what I say, you won't give it serious weight, as my comments are not worth so much.

I'm glad it was melancholy, if it was bright and happy I wouldn't touch it. :)

Very enjoyable as usual sir :)

thanks for listening chaps :)

I've been here before too
mad Dutch scientry :roll:

bump

smart rythm and highly melodic. Somber, but strong willed. very expressive bassline. Enjoyed the quiet break halfway in with the little glitchy analog that grows bigger not long after.
Just smart.

like mystahr's version as well, though his effects weren't completely apparent until a little while into the track. I had similar premonitions for what I might have throw into it.

'Good work' for the both of you.

that progression just melts,
I'll hear those chords for a while,
the machine gun break down is wild to, heads to oblivion and beyond
super melody CypherOne, enjoyed the drift

thanks guys, much appreciated :)

Nice laidback tune you got there Cypher. Liked those snares on the downbeats, the double bass, and the contrast of those glitchy parts against the silky background.
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

Return to “Music Cafe”