[ runagate ] Space Music for Choral Group need opinions

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

*top of page edit*

Heh runagate, nice work. Your friend will be pleased, I believe, to hear this piece.

I hear voices in the music. Plenty for a choral group to pick up on here, lots of room for for vocal interplay and improvisation.

To me this is a somewhat unnerving piece, psychological tension building throughout. The beginning has those glorious relaxing overtones which are completely absent at the end, replaced by distant sounding "unknown communication" Left me feeling alone (in space?).

Yes runagate, this would perfectly mesh with choral music in terms of tone color.

Interesting but not obtrusive.

8)

Well, we'll see because based on your reactions I just dropped it off, fearing that I might drop off the face of the earth before I manage to make another version.

Then I sat around and made inappropriate comments to the Green Party election night party going on in the cafe downstairs which was pretty fun.

My friend appears to be fixing my damned external hard drive for me so perhaps 179 mb per track won't use up my whole laptop. It'll just crush my processor and ram like a bug.

Kept checking back here to see what was up, started to wonder if maybe the Greens had no sense of humor.

physics 101
lots of floaty things defying gravity,
whoa!! was that a chord progression I heard

Of course it's a chord progression :P

I typically use about 25+ chords per song when I have chordal instrument parts, just not in my FSU/demo songs 8)

I guess maybe now that I'm better known here I have to assess how my music comes across...
I'm like the town bicycle - I get around. Check out "Bower Pallid" or "Carnivalorous" here at www.myspace.com/briarmon5 or just about everything on my Biggie Pearl album which is easiest to browse here: http://www.musicfreedom.com/runagate/ though downloadable at The Auditorium (link through my sig)

and bobsled, I was just having fun with the Greens but even those I like I tend to tease :) I come across far differently irl, let me tell you lol.

runagate wrote:I was just having fun with the Greens
Oi. Leave us alone :x :wink:

I like this. it's wonky and playful and reminds me of a troop of baboons throwing fruit at a nun's funeral procession.

runagate wrote:Could this be said to be relaxing or meditative?
I really did try to be restrained. :oops:
Remarkable! Yes, quite relaxing... let me say that again... quite relaxing... nope, I see it with my eyes but I still can't believe I'm writing that in a runagate track thread! :shock: I don't even want to know what kind of physical discomfort you experienced holding yourself back like that.

Seriously, this is a fantastic piece. I really liked it. You've shown me a whole new side and I'm quite impressed!
Image Image

choochcat wrote:I like this. it's wonky and playful and reminds me of a troop of baboons throwing fruit at a nun's funeral procession.
:lol: Cool :)
polyslax wrote:
runagate wrote:Could this be said to be relaxing or meditative?
I really did try to be restrained. :oops:
Remarkable! Yes, quite relaxing... let me say that again... quite relaxing... nope, I see it with my eyes but I still can't believe I'm writing that in a runagate track thread! :shock: I don't even want to know what kind of physical discomfort you experienced holding yourself back like that.

Seriously, this is a fantastic piece. I really liked it. You've shown me a whole new side and I'm quite impressed!
No physical discomfort. With an instrument in my hand I can play beautiful things, even on baritone recorder. I've been called on to play moving clarinet backup for a madman's songs about the Apocalypse, my parts written about 20 minutes before a show, some Lydian chord changes. Me and the other horn player, another skronk weirdo, played 18 instruments between us (other 2 guys were vox/classical guitar and string bass) and moved from relaxing to madness in the same songs sometimes. PCs aren't that expressive, due to the human interface problems it's a billion times harder to convey what I could with a single breath :( But someday maybe I'll have the correct midi controllers with Usine coming along so brilliantly.

Man that band was fun. We had mbiras, saxes, bass clarinet, clarinet, shitty Casios with popsickle sticks taped down to create foot-operated chords, singing saw, played wo recorders at the same time, ocarina, I don't even remember what else. I still remember how to play most of my parts, but of course no recordings from back in those days. :roll:

With a PC I'm still checking off boxes of the thousands of sounds I've wanted to make in the past but couldn't. The future promises even more realization of things floating around in our minds and even greater efficiency in achieving them. I laugh and laugh at the people who can't complete songs. I lack only the gear and I'd be in paradise making song after song afer song.

kind of an abrupt ending.

this has moments.

de computer is de shizzle 4 de spliffy moments in sound manipulation

or something runagaty-, mixed with lobster e-meme sounding dialog.

It Took Longer to download this than it did to listen BTW... hahaha. And I'm at work
where 200kBps is my 'normal'

nice stuff!

It's huge enough that I'm satonished anyone downloaded it at all, kwac.

I had to leave it uncompressed and without fades as that's what you have to do when someone else is mixing and mastering the final product ;)

Thanks for the spiffy slangage.

ahhhh
'splains de ending ten... Eh? (I sez in my best canadian accent)
for entertaining porpoises only

Indeed. Now, luckily, I'm at work on a nearly intolerable monstrosity that will purge this goody-goody track. 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”