Elbereth

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all

I dug up one of my older pieces as was playing it today while working, and thought I would like to share it here.

Elbereth. 3768K Algorithmics: Pulsar by Neil Wakeling. Uses several softsynths: Synth 1 which is the MIDI Guitar lead. Crystal doing bass( from Pulsar) DX7 rhrodes and K1 Strings.

http://www.artsong.org/cnf/Warehouse/90381_elbereth.mp3

Pulsar is a very cool analog sequencer simulator for Atari computers..but you can run it on PC via Steem. See the latest issue ( #7)of the Wusik magizine on how to set it up, as I did an article on it.

Synth1 gets a good workout from my MIDI guitar as well as Crystal. A real DX7 and a Real Kawai K1 are in there. I recently set up my K1 again..and love the sounds from that thing! I also play drums.I think the Kit came from my trusty Yamaha PSR 510..it had great drum sounds!

Elbereth is a Lord of the Rings term. You have to look it up :-)

Enjoy!!

Tim

I'm so nerded out by this I feel dirty.
And I read dictionaries.
Pretty nice song for a virgin.

And no I don't have to look up Elbereth... not that I know wtf that is, but just hit "random article" on Wikidedia and you'll get some frickin' cricket player, a Pokemon character, or the most insanely in-depth research paper on some hobbit stuff that you ever could hope for - if you were the POTUS and were getting briefed on a Chinese nuclear (sorry, nookular, I forgot I was in the US for a minute) attack.

The scary chord change kicks total ass.

I knew this had to be Tim just by reading the post title (yes, I am a LOTR-fanatic too). Very nice, I like this one.
helge

HELP! MY TYPEWRITER IS BROKEN!
E E CUMMINGS

HelgeG wrote:I knew this had to be Tim just by reading the post title (yes, I am a LOTR-fanatic too). Very nice, I like this one.
Thanks..I may have even used one of my LOTR presets for Synth1 :-)

Tim

Fantastic, thanks for this bright shimmering lightness of a listening.

Tim this is fucken fantastic, this one could be sold commercially!
"The educated person is one who knows how to find out what he does not know" - George Simmel
“It's what you learn after you know it all that counts.” - John Wooden

A Elbereth Gilthoniel,
silivren penna míriel
o menel aglar elenath!
Na-chaered palan-díriel
o galadhremmin ennorath,
Fanuilos, le linnathon
nef aear, sí nef aearon!

Aaah.. Light & beauty.. Me likes!

Return to “Music Cafe”