never mind

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

when it comes to making "techno" - any kind of dumbing down or degradation of the style is not acceptable in my book.

I see this as a futile, unfeeling and frankly lame attempt at a style of music that is proud in the joy of the rythmic and the hard..not cheesy vocals and unimaginative sounds. that's POP music, nothing else.

Why do I get bashed for not liking this specific effort? It's not really any good as a technotrack - reminds me of the brian trinity "dance around the world" type happy pling-plong music - and everybody laughed and pointed fingers at that - why is this attempt any dif?

It's good to learn, but do so via the "correct" channels to avoid embarrasement.

I liked it! I liked the way it was produced, I liked the mood, I like the way it was put together. It's a bit cheesy, but I like cheese. :shrug:

Don't worry about, snooky, Hans, and don't be discouraged. It isn't what you were originally going for, but so what? Try again. Learn a few new tricks. Keep at it and you'll get there. :D

Snooky, you're not being "bashed" for not liking this track. Your criticism just comes off as trolling, and that's why no one takes you seriously or respects you. Maybe if you did something to earn people's respect (for starters, maybe showing other people respect for once?), then maybe it'd be a different story.

Oh, and please don't go flaunting the you-know-what in my face. I don't care if you're Jesus Christ himself, you're still a fool.

Anyway, Hans, you're a great and very talented composer. I'm positive you can do anything you want to with your music in time. :D Just don't be discouraged if you're not the best at something right away! If you were, where would the challenge be? :D
Mizutaphile.

I'm only a fool in in the eyes of the foolish, Ildon...
and respect is irrelevant. It's about the truth, harsh as it may be sometimes.

talent is not the same as understanding composition. It's not in this case IMO.

snooky wrote:I'm only a fool in in the eyes of the foolish, Ildon...
Uh huh... you're so clever, snooky. :tu:
and respect is irrelevant.
Not if you want to be taken seriously. See, in order for people to respect your opinion, they need to respect you as a person and an artist, otherwise you just come off like a troll, like I said. Do you see? It's very simple, snooky, and I'm actually surprised you're having such a hard time understanding it.

But god forbid you should be wrong, oh great one. :lol:
talent is not the same as understanding composition. It's not in this case IMO.
Wow. I'm not even sure where to start with this. When did I say it was? All I said was M'Snah's talented and I believe he'll eventually make techno if he really wants to. He shouldn't care if he lives up to your standards or not though.

Why am I even getting into this with you? I would rather stab myself in the eye. Shoo. Go away.
Mizutaphile.

stab away my dear ildon, just don't expect me to be all "touchy-feely" when it comes to music critique - if it's not a good track, you'll hear about it.

Personally what i can't stand is when someone crosses the fine line between honest critique and gratuitous soap box rant. IMHO.

More so when they do it knowingly, secretly wetting their pants in anticipation of the flame.

Marco :)

that may be true - but not in my case... Just to be sure I listened to the track once more and it really strikes me as a futile attempt at EDM. simple as that.

Return to “Music Cafe”