* nightmarish jazz remixed * Grotta della Pace Discothèque

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does that speed up as goes?!

If not I'm pretty glad that my own syncopations tricked me 8)

My only reservation about that at all is that it makes the bar vsti metallophone arpeggios go fast enough that they are imperceivable as such, but then they probably only sneak in subconsciously in the original. :)

Your time-changing algorithm is nice, though your mp3 encoding has some sort of stereo spread change in there methinks.

Somehow just tossing it into the time-speeder as a whole mix didn't cross my mind. Thanks, rachMiel.

By the by I've got a little gummi bear of a lass making my outre page graphic and I will finish the words part today (hopefully) as I may throw a CD release party here in my neck of the woods in lieu of actually being able to perform.

I just got an email that claims my old guitarist, who could barely bring himself to play me a song he recorded that involves him singing for a film score has landed a gig as a rockabilly singer (!?) in Texas for 100$ a night... I *really* wish I could see that :P

excellent piece...almost had that Ornette, "dancing in your head" thang. Great piece for a bleak Tuesday. Thanks.

mayan wrote:almost had that Ornette, "dancing in your head" thang.
:love: :love: :oops: :love: :love:

I googled "swoon smiley" but gave up since the 2nd result was from an Aryan Supermacist forum with a poster named ChaosKkkitten and the next was a Mohican forum and I decided the world is too weird for me to be surfing this early in the morning.

when reading threads like this i somehow get the feeling that most of the world and life itself somehow sneaks right past me without being noticed.
WHATS GOING ON!

:(

I definitely like this. Who said Ornette Coleman? This has more of a Herbie Hancock "Crossings" vibe going on, kinda directionless but still grooving. Yeah, this is definitely cool.
Ciao!

> Does that speed up as goes?!

nope. :-) unless the original does ...

> If not I'm pretty glad that my own syncopations tricked me Cool

> My only reservation about that at all is that it makes the bar vsti metallophone arpeggios go fast enough that they are imperceivable as such, but then they probably only sneak in subconsciously in the original. Smile

there's definitely some loss of detail in the sped-up version; perhaps less if the acceleration produced fewer glitches/noise. but, for me, the faster version gains more than it loses.

It certainly works better as a beat-driven track, rachMiel. Course, I'm not terribly audience-oriented so exhortations of this type are always welcome and entertaining.

[decipher] wrote:when reading threads like this i somehow get the feeling that most of the world and life itself somehow sneaks right past me without being noticed.
WHATS GOING ON!

:(
Hehe, I looked back and see what you mean.

Thanks for the comments, theunspoken.. not often I have passers-by comment on my lunatic songs so that's a major plus :) hard to imagine what a sane person thinks of this :) I'm inordinately pleased with the lead/solo as an act of piano roll creativity.

Brilliantly weird (or is it that other way round) as always.

oh wait a second, haha, holy shit, I was listening to 2 instances playing at once! At different times. I swear to f**king god. And the weirdest part was I dug it. :lol:

Okay this sounds significantly less f'ed up. :lol:

Arglebargle wrote:oh wait a second, haha, holy shit, I was listening to 2 instances playing at once! At different times. I swear to f**king god. And the weirdest part was I dug it. :lol:

Okay this sounds significantly less f'ed up. :lol:
:D

I'm happy that you could hear the slow and fast versions together and think it was my intention, arglebargle 8)

I have a rachMiel remix of one of my songs from a while back that is basically just that!

ah-ha...mashing up runagate. brilliant

mayan wrote:ah-ha...mashing up runagate. brilliant
Or redundant ;)

A little self-deprication never hurts.

Especially as I'm still inordinately into the lead trumpet's syncopations and general replication of my "real instrument" playing style, less busy but more... something. I don't know, but definitely a success in my weird little world.

probably my last bump for a beloved song

runagate wrote:Those pics are of the Grotta della Pace.
and where is it?

anyway I didn't know could do such a cool funky music!
absolutely seriously loving this jazz of yours,

let me know please, all harmony is by ear or you selected some tones logically?

how much is step sequenced and how much is not? if any

and which are samples?

thanks

All is moused-in in the piano roll, all is by ear.
Trust me, it's a real bitch to do that which is why I rarely do.

I vaguely know how theory works in an abstract sort of way but not in any sense I could apply when writing music.

At heart, I'm an avant jazzbo who loves fx.
Scoring such things when I could just play them on an instrument in real time is not a particularly enjoyable experience, even for someone with my patience, but most especially without knowing how to write music notation it is a pain.

Notably I have no desire to learn sheet music, though, now that I have some piano roll skills.

*edit* the Grotto connect Lake Avernus with some port over in your land. Just seemed like an interesting metaphor - tunneling underneath the entrance to hell to open up shipping, under Justinian if I recall correctly and I'm too tired to say for sure.

*edit #2*

Only the drum hits are samples from the default kit in FL's FPC plugin.

Trumpet = gallstone vsti PM trumpet
metallophone is PM
bass is some unholy DtBlkFx spectral vocoding of Pluggotic Vektrash...

wait, didn't I say all this in the original post? :P

I usually do... ok sleepy time

Return to “Music Cafe”