The Other Side of Words

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just wanted to share a little something I wrote a couple of days ago. Enjoy and Thanks for listening (and commenting). Don't be irritated, it starts out very subtle...

The Other Side of Words
Last edited by rendelius on Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sorry, but that link won't work for me when I copy/paste it. Just so you know your links will work once you've posted 10 times here. Maybe then it'll work.

And welcome to KVR, rendelius.

runagate wrote:Sorry, but that link won't work for me when I copy/paste it. Just so you know your links will work once you've posted 10 times here. Maybe then it'll work.

And welcome to KVR, rendelius.
I didn't know :-) - seems that Soundclick has a hickup, at the time being...

I am a long time visitor, actually, but I haven't made a lot of postings so far. T'was because I was watching and learning... :)

Should be online again now :-)
-----------
Rendelius (from now on known here as "darem" - it's time to use my music name.)

Bump and bump :)
I like.

Daniel
http://www.pompougnac-daniel.com

Hey...nice work. Welcome to KVR. I really like the places this piece goes and how it develops. The initial introduction theme takes a while to develop...didn't bother me in the slightest because I love sounds, etc. but others may find 1:30 of minimalist repetition a bit slow. Again, highly subjective and not an issue for me. I look forward to hearing more of your work, rendelius.

great work!
what did you use for the percussion?

Stunning, I love that frozen sustained stuff at the beginning and throughout, it gives such a wonderful feeling of anticipation!
Image Image

Thanks for the nice comments. Most of the percussion was done with Stylus RMX, and there are one or two loops in there as well. The drone is done with a Reaktor instrument and a wav-file from a program I use for automating my telescope (it says "Center the star in your finderscope").
-----------
Rendelius (from now on known here as "darem" - it's time to use my music name.)

rendelius wrote:The drone is done with a Reaktor instrument and a wav-file from a program I use for automating my telescope (it says "Center the star in your finderscope").
Sure, you may call it a drone, I like to call it frozen sustained stuff! :lol: :dog:

Love the whole telescope angle on the sound btw.
Image Image

Return to “Music Cafe”