[ugo] Earl (Buckaroo) - Extended version added

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

edit: extended version uploaded
Earl (Buckaroo) - Extended

i would like to introduce you to Earl. he's an easy going guy, though a bit unstable, and when he gets a few beers into him he gets excitable and likes to call himself "The Buckaroo." (note: to my knowledge, earl does not exist. any similarity to persons living or dead is purely coincidental.)

Earl (Buckaroo)

instruments
massive - plucked string
absynth - bass
kontakt - playing a sample of FM8's kalimba preset...because FM8 wouldnt reload with massive and absynth. :roll:
sytrus - little filtered blurb
ironhead - drums
liveslice - drum slices/loops
6 string bass - clean and distorted guitar sounds

effects
roomverb M1
glitch
guitar rig
vintage warmer
Last edited by ugo on Sat Dec 23, 2006 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

cool man, is that you playing the guitar?

i love the glitch on the guitar at the end.

dw

dusted william wrote:cool man, is that you playing the guitar?
thanks, yeah thats me. :) im actually playing a 6 string bass on that instead of a guitar. i've no idea where my old slide is so used a different chunk of metal for the job. after i recorded that part and saw that it would work, i almost re-recorded it on guitar but decided that it sounded good enough as is.

I like the sound of the slide, works good.

dw

I love the beats, they are really nice and sharp if you know what I mean.

I wasn't too fond of the guitar noise (just personal preference) but enjoyed the overall piece and the diversity of which your experiment carried out (varied instruments, stle etc). Well done.

That's great ugo! I really liked the chorus with the slide in it. Funny, I've just been digging through some old material as I wanted to see if I could put some slide playing I did years ago to use in an electronic piece.

Slide on bass tho! Never tried that. I just finished reading the Jaco Pastorius bio, called Jaco:

If that image doesn't make you want to buy a bass then I don't know what would.
Image Image

thanks guys. :)
polyslax wrote:Slide on bass tho! Never tried that.
i've only messed with slide on bass a little bit over the years. there is some fun stuff you can do with it though. to hear a good example of slide on bass, check out some tracks by morphine. (and on a two string bass at that.)

any other thoughts/opinions?

polyslax wrote:If that image doesn't make you want to buy a bass then I don't know what would.
No, but it reminds me that I need to shop for a new stocking cap!

Cheers,
Envoy (who misses Jaco in this world...)
the dreamer that remains . . .

Lovin it, but it ends way too soon. 8)

bobsled wrote:Lovin it, but it ends way too soon. 8)

yeah, it is pretty short. the parts seem to be as long as they need to be, and adding a 3rd or 4th run doesnt seem like it would be right. i think to make it longer i would need to come up with a third or fourth part, but i havent thought of anything i'd like to add to it yet.

any thoughts on how much longer you think it should be?

----Definitely weird stuff, Oingo Boingo meets Primus or something. :hihi: It's not like the Ugo album was gonna be boring anyways, but this just shows how far out there it may get yet. :)

Jeff

liars&ashes wrote:----Definitely weird stuff, Oingo Boingo meets Primus or something. :hihi: It's not like the Ugo album was gonna be boring anyways, but this just shows how far out there it may get yet. :)
:D

I agree with bobsled, WAY too short.

In re: Jaco
I got that book for my old bass player for Xmas once.

That song kicks ass, Ugo. Aside from the fact that I'd have reversed the A/B parts and made it way longer... which of course is an indication of how much I like it that I'm thinking, "How can I get more of this?" Hehe.

That's some really restrained use of liveslice.

I smiled when I heard the ironhead crash 8)

still badass after about 35 listens

more ugo songs, please

Return to “Music Cafe”