January Contest: Submission

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Pedal Your Point

For the contest this month, you are to create a musical composition that makes use of the musical technique called "Pedal Point". Pedal Point is a sustained note or repeated note, normally in the bass, over which changing harmonies are played.

Your composition needs to make use of this technique for a major portion of the 2:00 min, but not for the entire song. Said another way, you can have a section A with pedal point, and a section B without pedal point.

You may use any musical genere, and any musical device at your disposal
1 - Submissions MUST follow these rules:
(a) encoded in either .mp3 (128kbps or lower if fixed rate ... average of 128kbps or lower if VBR) or .ogg format (quality level 4.00 or lower)
(b) A STRICT MAXIMUM of TWO MINUTES in length. If it shows up as 2:01 in my player, then I'll allow it for reasons of rounding in different players. But you shouldn't take that chance! Any longer gets a DISQUALIFICATION. That said, if a submitted track is over length, all contestants should feel free to mock the offending entrant mercilessly into getting permission to enter a new version of correct length.

(c) entered into the contest by posting a DIRECT LINK in this RULES & SUBMISSIONS thread (use the GOSSIP thread for everything else)If you cant provide a direct link, please contact one of the following people listed below, they will be happy to help you out.(These people provide free hosting for the purpose of this contest only! They are not a hosting service. When contacting these people, please take the effort to understand the terms and conditions they provide).

Providers:
1 - knockman
2 - scoops
3 - watto
4 - slartibartfast
5 - kovacs
6 - adj
7 - _niko_

In Addition...
Kara at www.kara-moon.com/forum has offered "self service" space. Log into the forum to find out more

(d) submitted before 11:59 PM Wednesday, January 24th, 2007

2 - Your track SHOULD also ...
(a) be composed specifically for this contest

(b) be created using at least some audio plugins, virtual synths, or software studio

(c) have the FILE named in a format of "yearmonth_artistname_tracktitle"(ie "0701_artistname_tracktitle.mp3"), where the artistname is the same as your KVR name. Please, do not use spaces and special charaters in the filename.

(d) IF you are going to tag your mp3, the artist name is to be the same as your KVR name, and the title tag is to be the name of your tune (help us out, okay? it's easier to sift through labelled entries)

3 - Only one entry per person - no resubmissions without permission from the moderator, INCLUDING for time-overage correction. PM me for permission!

4 - Any tracks not adhering to these guidelines will be very naughty indeed. Possibly disqualified upon peer review. And at least mocked for all to point and giggle.

5 - Voting (members must have at least 20 posts to vote ... although contest entrants are exempt from this ruling) will run from the submission deadline until 11:59 PM Wednesday, January 31st - anyone voting for themselves will find ALL their votes disqualified - any entrants not voting will also be disqualified

PRIZES

Ben from Camel Audio has been so kind as to donate a prize of ANY of their
products this month (and later months until further notice).

There may be other prizes.

dont forget ... you can also check out all this months tracks in one easy process over on ...
MARKLEFORD RADIO

... and download them all using garret's handy DOWNLOAD TOOL

----

Have a Nice day
Last edited by Scoops on Thu Feb 01, 2007 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bunch O Stuff

Forget it...i am so not motivated this month.

Why the lightbulb turns off tonight (baby)

Ok. I am pretty sure i did not get "pedal point" right.
But it could be same note repetition, yes?

Here is the Gnome.

I dont expect to win; just felt like actually submitting something for once.
:D

Created live with Steps and SuperwaveP8... lol

|||||||||||||||EDIT||||||||||||||||||
Link fixed. Thanks to Slartibartfast for hosting this "song" :D
Last edited by lateralus778 on Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:17 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Middle East Rat Patrol

http://minorcrisis.net/files/Pi_314_Mid ... Patrol.mp3

Cubase SX3, Stylus RMX, RA, Guitar Rig2, Atmosphere, collosus,
Last edited by Pi_314 on Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hah. I still haven't saved the Tracktion edit this song was born in a couple of hours ago. :hihi:

Fresh from the press: FLOOR IT!

Uhm... mostly in E. One-to-three-four!

Denizen of Bleakton

It's not all that bleak really, if you look in the right places 8)

Haven't pieced together a whole track for a while, so this was fun. Used sfz, minimonsta and freeverb. Thanks kovacs and kara for helping with hosting.

Some days you just don't want to leave the house... core - rain

Hope I got the theme right!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Echo Voodoo presents:

Pedal Point Arcade
(1.81MB 128kbps mp3, 1:59)

All sounds made with Tweakbench synths (because requiring pedal point as a composing technique wasn't enough of a restriction, dammit!). That's Toad on the percussion, Monomate on bass, Triforce on the solo, and Peach handling all other duties.
Last edited by Echo Voodoo on Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Splynter (aka sp0rk)
Redemption

Simple pedal piece in gminor. Might not sound like it at first - but G is in the whole song except about 10 seconds over 1/2 way through when it switches to the dominant chord a few times (and technically that's a pedal as well, on D :) ).

Thanks for listening!

http://www.rimuldar.com/splynter/redemption.mp3
Last edited by sp0rk on Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

My first DnB track with some new software, I think i've understood the "Pedal Point" idea, got the repeated bass note. So here it is

http://poisonradio.netfast.org/0701_bas ... 20only.mp3

Enjoy!

Dan

As promised the pedal is in the A.

Silence Drive

This is currently at audio shots (I have new space but am waiting on DNS Authcodes's from spe3d before I can transfer). So if the link suddenly stops working someone please let me know and I'll find somewhere else to host it.

Ben
Last edited by Glooper on Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Come with me to the Casbah effendi - I introduce you to my sister, very nice girl.

Garden of Earthly Delights

Tracktion2, ST2, Mini-Dizi, DR-008, Gliss EQ, Push-Tec,Classic Compressor, Classic Master Limiter, Final Mix. Trimmed and mastered in WaveLab.

:)

This track is named Winter Vesper:

http://david.sarmacreative.com/0701_djw ... vesper.mp3

I am Using Reaktor (synths and effects) and DubStation for this.

This months contests was nice because I write most of my stuff using drones and appregios anyway. I limited myself by only using reaktor for this.

I hope you all enjoy

Please find, a song entitled...

Rose Petals

The lyrics are:

"Ah...uh...ah, uh, ah" repeat

Peace,

Jonny

Return to “Music Cafe”