Top 5 of 2006 Cafe contest entries!!!!!!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's personally been my first year as a contest participant and I thought it would be interesting to see what everyones' top5 of the Cafe contest entries is for 2006. Note, this is only for the contest entries and not general submissions for the Music cafe.

Rules:
-Vote for your top 5 with the first one being your favorite of 2006. No voting for yourself.
-Only ONE honorable mention can be made.
-Finally, for all you participants, vote for the one track you feel most proud of submitting. Pick something you worked on yourself as opposed to a collaborative effort.

Here's my list:

1] 1_2 Many Baydhz Zizrom

2] Oddbods Finger Life is shit

3] Knockman The Golden Pavilion

4] Der Stoer Icke lieb Kaviar

5] Thomekk No more fighting

Honorable mention
: Nils Bergholz Mr Mel Ancholy

Tune most proud of
: Los Frijoles Caballo Negro

One stands out to me above all others - The Clearing - Barnadine

I still get chills listening to it.

-Scott

Well - thanks for mentioning this SHUSH - Nice to see someone somewhere liked something of what I did during last year :hihi:

Any chances of posting links along with one's list? (for us lazy people... :oops: )

in no particular order:

Oddbods Finger - Life is Shit
Sorry Computer (putte & co) - Music Makes Me Love People
Clueless - (can't remember the name but the one with Tom Waits sample)

nothing else stuck to my head (or the hard drive).

Kingston wrote: Clueless - (can't remember the name but the one with Tom Waits sample)
'Earth Blues' I think...

yeah that's the one! ta.

aye 'tis a great track. I was going to attempt a DJ Shadow style remix of it, but never managed to for some reason...(probably for the best thinking about it :hihi:)

1. The Clearing - Barnadine
2. Golden Age - Heck (alias Rockstar_not)
3. S HUSH - Kung Pow Chicken

I don't have my choices from each month, and my memory isn't good enough to recall them.
Barnadine's was THE outstanding song of the year though.
Scott's cover was possibly better than Beck's original...plus it made me buy the Sea Change album.
Kung Pow Chicken was just a good fun track.

Maybe even...
4. NAFTA - 15 minutes ?

I remember there was a great instrumental from YUGI ??? but the title escapes me and it didn't make the prizes.

oddbods finger wrote: I remember there was a great instrumental from YUGI ??? but the title escapes me and it didn't make the prizes.
That would be Sakuraga. The original link is dead, but I have uploaded it to my server for those that wish to sample it. Great track - not sure if it would be in my Top 5.

This is an interesting thread. Will give it some thought before offering my selections, but Barnadine's The Clearingwould be in there for sure.
Time is an illusion - lunchtime doubly so.

One song stood out for me of those i have heard this year.

dumi 'fulgerul apare', a 5min version would be cool.

Oddbods Finger wrote:Kung Pow Chicken was just a good fun track.
When that song got first place i flipped. I was struggling to come up with an idea for the "Fight" theme when my buddy came over to see if i wanted to go grab a bite. I told him no because i was frustrated i couldn't come up with anything and wanted to get something done.
Long story short, i ended up going anyways and we decided on a Sushi bar. So for about two hours, i was surrounded by everything Japanese. The rest is history. :hihi:

Vote and vote again... sweet pathology ? :roll:

Daniel

http://www.pompougnac-daniel.com

1-2-Many wrote:Well - thanks for mentioning this SHUSH - Nice to see someone somewhere liked something of what I did during last year :hihi:
The martian theme was my first month and i had no idea what to expect. When I heard your submission i thought for sure it would reach number one. I am shocked it didn't place on the top 3.
It's good weird and does sound alien. Fit the theme perfectly.

+1 Barnadine's The Clearing, most beautiful
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Return to “Music Cafe”