tower of babel - soma [drone/guitar/experimental/ambient]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pw wrote:My first track in the cafe -

http://www.babelaudio.org/artists/tower ... loqual.mp3
hey, this is great stuff! I liked it, the sounds, the mood, ...
If I may say something, the different parts feel maybe a bit disconnected ? for example, I would have loved it if the section starting around 3'30'' began earlier, while the first one is still busy. (since the 1st part is there in the background during the 2nd section, the "change of focus" could maybe be 'dramatized' ? though maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, I never know :hihi: )

Anyway, a very enjoyable and inspiring track,thanks!

Great track. I agree with Kullervo that it could work with the noise part coming in earlier in concert with the guitar, but I don't think it has to.

There's a soft low droning going on for most of this (4-5ish minutes), maybe room noise? Really fatigues the ears after a while. To be honest, was about to give up on this in boredom when it was just a handful of repeating notes for almost 3:20...but the random space noise section following it was decent, as was the brief passage afterward. Would suggest you either cut a lot off the first 3 minutes, or add something there so it's not so monotonous.

great track. I found it sonically enthralling throughout and really like what it morphs towards. thanks. will look forward to more from you.

Kullervo wrote: hey, this is great stuff! I liked it, the sounds, the mood, ...
If I may say something, the different parts feel maybe a bit disconnected ?
shamann wrote: Great track. I agree with Kullervo that it could work with the noise part coming in earlier in concert with the guitar, but I don't think it has to.
Thanks. The parts do feel a bit disconnected, and it is very linear, one part leading directly into another, with no overlap. That was an intention for this track, as I wanted to keep it just as one single guitar take, with three kind of very minimal 'movements', if you will.
leahzero wrote: There's a soft low droning going on for most of this (4-5ish minutes), maybe room noise? Really fatigues the ears after a while. To be honest, was about to give up on this in boredom when it was just a handful of repeating notes for almost 3:20...
no, it is not room noise, it is two slightly detuned theremin emulators.

and thanks mayan.

a first and final bump for comments, particularly on the sound and final mix/'master'.

Oh man, that was really good! I liked the sounds and the pacing. I don't know how, but some kind of segue into the raw guitar at the end might have been good. Possibly a build up of delays which then fade into the guitar... just a thought.
Image Image

polyslax wrote:Oh man, that was really good! I liked the sounds and the pacing. I don't know how, but some kind of segue into the raw guitar at the end might have been good. Possibly a build up of delays which then fade into the guitar... just a thought.
great, thanks for the feedback.

I'll jump in and parrot what's been said previously. great pacing, feel and delivery. its the kind of guitar ambient track that could open a rock album or an ambient album. fulfilling and full of potential.

don't wait 5 years to post your next one.
"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together...." -Carl Zwanzig

Thanks intel. Yes, I will try and post another one within 5 months rather than 5 years 8) .

Very nice work... perfect melancholy rainy grey afternoon feel.

Return to “Music Cafe”