a tribute to pre-house Detroit techno...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

These tracks were definitely inspired by the earliest days of electronica in Detroit. (pre-house Juan Atkins) Been listening to it a lot lately.
This influence has yet to show bad or good results, so i thought I would throw em out there and see what bounces back.

DELUXER - Jazzyspoon
8.5mb 192khz 6:14

BROKEN WINDOW - Jazzyspoon
7.51mb 192khz 5:28

Thanks to those listening to my momentary whim.
Jazzyspoon

I love Deluxer. It doesn't sound especially Detroit-y to me but it's very nice nonetheless!
THIS IS MY MUSIC: http://spoti.fi/45P2xls :phones:

:-o

Deluxer is EXCELLENT :thu:

thanks & props, really nice!

.jon

I like both of them. I'll have to disagree with the two previous posters by stating my slight preference for the broken window. Deluxer is maybe more Detroit-ish. Your sound is much more contemporary compared to the old time masters but wtf we're already twenty years after. Influences are clearly there, though. Good job!
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

Enjoying Deluxer very much. Similar aesthetic to some of the Model 500 stuff I like.

Can I ask why you have Brit voices on the samples? Interesting contrast from the norm...

"Where would Techno be without England?
Where would England be without Techno? " (Juan Atkins)

Enjoying it, espec. like the subtle snare drum pattern variations on Broken Window! Good stuff.

Thanks for all the input, guys.
Model 500 was definitely prehouse D-Techno.
The Brit voices were incidental. I just liked what they were saying.
The subtle drum and snare variations on "Broken Window" are a fav of mine, too. That song is made almost entirely with Psychic Modulation's Cerebrum, Arptron, and Subliminal vsti's (thanks, Jack). His stuff is sweet.

These are influenced by the old Cybortron vinyl, but I agree that they don't sound a lot like them. Strong influences though.
peace

deluxer: I like this alot, especially the extreme panning on that lowfi synth sounds. Don't know if it sounds pre atkins, .. but it has a distinct Paul Hardcastle vibe to it. That good in your book? :D

Broken Window... nice one. I thought Deluxer was pretty evil :eek:
Is that Crystal in there??

Marco :)

Don't know who Paul Hardcastle is, but I'll take it as a compliment!

I don't really know anything about genres but both these songs make me want to move so you've got something good here.

Deluxer is the standout for me...really cool rhythm.

Jazzyspoon wrote:Don't know who Paul Hardcastle is, but I'll take it as a compliment!
In Vietnam, he was 19...

ah ha! I do remember him. I don't hear it, but its still a compliment.

Genetic_Junk wrote:I don't really know anything about genres
+1

But I knows what I likes and, yup, deluxer does it for me.

Ya got yerself some varied musical interests there, Jazzyspoon.

Keep 'em comin'

8)

another vote for Deluxer here , though Broken Window is still excellent mix material I guess, but it's not as catchy/colourful.

Marco :)

man ,that fuckin' rocks...great job!

Return to “Music Cafe”