homemade drum set

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's surprising how decent a deconstructed metal lamp, a plastic laundry tub, and a cardboard box can sound with the proper basement reverberations.

Example 1 [2:35]
Example 2 [1:32]

Has anyone else had success making their own kit?

I built one, but it's not really an acoustic kit:

^^^^^i want that

+1 Me want, too. :D

shure!!!111!!!wanna barter!

(barter UP)

oh, and I generally make my drums from things that aren't real drums

my favorite 'unreal' drum song is this
for entertaining porpoises only

oh yeah, I really liked your tune except for the vocal eq and effects on the vocal, a I couldn't understand a thing.
imho
roll off the vocal at 100Hz or more(250Hz) and reduce the reverb-ish time a bit :)
for entertaining porpoises only

rockstarfx wrote:It's surprising how decent a deconstructed metal lamp, a plastic laundry tub, and a cardboard box can sound with the proper basement reverberations.
TBH, I think it sounds like complete pants....but whatever makes you happy :party:

oddbods finger wrote:
rockstarfx wrote:It's surprising how decent a deconstructed metal lamp, a plastic laundry tub, and a cardboard box can sound with the proper basement reverberations.
TBH, I think it sounds like complete pants....but whatever makes you happy :party:
Don't hold back oddbos, tell him how you feel! :hihi:

I think it sounds decent, the kick especially. With a little pitchshifting and some eqing it could sound very nice. There's definitely too much reverb in the mix and I agree with deaf's comment above. I only listened to the first track mind you.
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

Return to “Music Cafe”