Deep Dark - 17 minutes of Dark Ambient

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Deep Dark

This is a 17 minutes song (15MB download). It's pretty experimental, and I am glad for feedback on this one. I know this isn't something for the common listener, but ultimately, this is the kind of music I really love to record...
-----------
Rendelius (from now on known here as "darem" - it's time to use my music name.)

Too long for you? Too boring? Too - strange? :-)

Just wondering about the lack of feedback. Don't be shy, even a negative one is better than none...
daRem - PinkLime Studios

I quite enjoyed that, but I felt that some of the pauses were a bit too long. That's probably just me though. Some good atmosphere in there. Good job.

hi all - my first post @KVR :-o

i love this forum :love: but i'm not much of a writer in English [not my native L.] or Dutch [native]

@daRem - i love your song very much - this is a work of Art i believe !

the big dark sound is wonderful ! [what soft/hard did u use to create it ?]

the spaces in between give 'the BD sound' room to breath and they also force to calm down - i like that - it reminds of Neroli by Brian Eno

:)

ps - the stange thing is - the more i listen to it - the more i like it :o

voxtox wrote:hi all - my first post @KVR :-o

i love this forum :love: but i'm not much of a writer in English [not my native L.] or Dutch [native]

@daRem - i love your song very much - this is a work of Art i believe !

the big dark sound is wonderful ! [what soft/hard did u use to create it ?]

the spaces in between give 'the BD sound' room to breath and they also force to calm down - i like that - it reminds of Neroli by Brian Eno

:)

ps - the stange thing is - the more i listen to it - the more i like it :o

Well, thank you :-)

To answer your question: Deep Dark is made with just one instrument: Metaphysical Functions (an ensemble that is part of the Reaktor 5 expansion pack #2). This isn't really a synth, but a sound toy. I built the sound from the scratch, using a massively slowed down sustain sample from a Piano (Black Grand Med Ambient) which I bought during the sampletekk groupbuy. Then I mapped a couple of parameters to my Behringer BCR 2000 and recorded the whole thing live in Cubase Studio 4, doing live tweaking to the controls of Metaphysical functions. So this was actually one single take, uncut and only slight post production made in Wavelab Essentials.

Deep Dark is one of five songs on my recently finished CD "Sound Scultpures". It's music that is meant to play as background for art exhibitions. The song has been well received at Soundclick as well, making it to #4 on the Ambient charts there.

If I can figure out a way to make the CD public (i.e. a place where I can advertise and sell it), I will do so.

Thanks again for your kind words, I really appreciate your feedback.
daRem - PinkLime Studios

Try "CD BABY", its a website that lets you sell your cds or downloads.
This is a simple, but decent track for its purpose. (I'm a big user of MF, too. You never know exactly what you're going to get out of that machine, but most often its pleasing and unique.)
peace
Jazzyspoon

Return to “Music Cafe”