a MIDI file for you to start with, collabs?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

if you like here is a two parts MIDI file with bass line and piano chords:

http://www.dashsignature.com/mp3/stinge ... d_Bass.mid

please let me hear your favourite sounds on it!

especially I look forward to the drums you go with that,

have fun and thanks!

Sounds like fun. I'll have a go at it tonight.

I'll take a crack at this too.
Software: Reason 10, Acid Pro 8, Reaper, Sibelius,RapidComposer,Captain Plugins, Orb Plugins
https://soundcloud.com/devin-cooper-620205327
Need help with writing Lyrics, Try This: https://lyricstudio.net/?via=devin

cool, I can't wait, thanks

I fiddled around a bit and came out with:

Stinger Dub EP and Bass
2.84MB 128kbps mp3, 3:06

Host - FL Studio 7
Instruments - FPC (Fly Kit), Lazy Snake, daHornet, Synth1, PoiZone
Effects - Fruity Parametric EQ2, Fruity Multiband Compressor, Fruity Stereo Enhancer, GMax, Classic Compressor

My contribution is relatively small, but it was certainly fun to play around with. Thanks for the midi, liqih.

Checked it out, very nice sounds indeed. I will post if a make a track out of it. Got any more?

Here is my contribution...

Done in Cubase SX2 with FilterscapeVA x2, Z3ta+, Asynth, Rapture and Kontakt. Effects were Glitch, Yongs W1 limiter and Blockfish.

Very fun to do. You should do this every week Liqih :D

Hellbilly wrote:Here is my contribution...

Done in Cubase SX2 with FilterscapeVA x2, Z3ta+, Asynth, Rapture and Kontakt. Effects were Glitch, Yongs W1 limiter and Blockfish.

haha, no point submitting mine now...you nailed it!

:cry: ...i hate expensive software...grumble...

Here's mine:

http://www.archive.org/download/Liqih_S ... 021807.mp3

@ Hellbilly and Echo Voodoo: Very cool submissions - very innovative - especially Hellbilly. Echo Voodoo - very funky. I like the mix of sounds you used.

Let's just say mine is a more "mainstream" approach :wink:

Done in eXT1, DK+ with GSCW, sfz with the jRhodes soundfont, an organ soundfont, and muted bass from the Naturally Decaying B-Guitars soundfont. Wusikstation for the strings.

Thanks, Liqih - that was a blast! :D

Cheers,
SWTrex
"Sometimes I think of Abraham...
How one star he saw had been lit for me"

SWTrex wrote:Echo Voodoo - very funky. I like the mix of sounds you used.
Thanks for the kind words. The funk is in liqih's midi, of course. 8)
SWTrex wrote:Let's just say mine is a more "mainstream" approach :wink:

Very nice approach. Low-key sound that retains all of the funk and flows nicely. Nice jazzy percussion too.
A very aggressive, gritty sound, especially the percussion. Nice use of glitch.

I really like the way that the same midi file can end up sounding very different in different hands. If it wasn't for the recognizable bass line, it'd be hard to peg them as the same underlying song.

lateralus778 wrote:

haha, no point submitting mine now...you nailed it!

:cry: ...i hate expensive software...grumble...
No man dont be discouraged, please do a version and take part, it's so much more fun hearing everyones version.

And there is nothing in my version you couldnt do with a freeware alternative or at least cheap. It can be sequenced in any free or cheap host, no fancy Cubase tricks here. Just loaded the midi file, cut and paste a few parts over different midi channels and then some level and EQ adjusments. Then a free limiter and compressor on the master bus.

All the effects i used are freeware and Asynth is free. I only used Kontakt to load up a piano set and play one drumloop through Glitch, so any free or cheap sampler like SFZ could be used for that.

I dont really know what could replace Filterscape, z3ta and Rapture, but you could probably get far with Oatmeal, Triplecheese, Synth1, Polyiblit and Crystal accompanied with some free reverb and delay effects.

If you think i make this sound good, then so can you, because everything i learned i learned right here at KVR.

@voodoo. Very cool electro approach. Love the drum sounds and that bass.

@Swtrex. You went the way i was going for first, the chilled "acoustic" way, but i had a too hard time finding the right sounds. But you pulled it off great. Cool beat and GSWC sounds good.

Did you guys notice that in one part of the song the bass and piano line were out of sync haha, i didnt bother to correct and neither did SWtrex by the sound of it. :hihi:

Hellbilly wrote: @voodoo. Very cool electro approach. Love the drum sounds and that bass.
The best thing about the bass, of course, is that it's Dash Signature's daHornet. It seemed appropriate, somehow. ;)

The drums are kind of a cheat, but the guitar is at least sloppy. :D

This was fun. I'll work more on the drums next time, but I was trying to hurry up. :hihi:

Some funny and unexpected entries so far, btw! :tu:
Rakkervoksen

That was fun! Here's my shitty unfinished housey version:
stinger dub.mp3

just downloaded now thanks to my 44kps connection these days,

stingerdubepandbass.mp3
here I like the funky drums and the cool "meehow" sounds mostly, the lead and the ep are a bit too loud in the mix IMHO,

Midi_Liqih_SWTrex_Mix_021807.mp3
great interpretation of the groove, sometims the bass line seems off time but it fits the atmosphere anyway, cool work

liqih-stinger_dub_hellbilly_mix01.mp3
reminds me of Atari Teenage Riot, but slower. Lovely "smashing and washing" drums, just little repetitive

new edit 5.mp3
punchy bass! cool lead too: suggestion: it could go under the guitar sometimes to let that coming to front more
to variate the space, I mean an inversion in the balance synthy lead vs guitar

great works everybody!

more are always welcome,

thanks for your partecipation to the game

downloading colonel now

Return to “Music Cafe”