Quick - tell me the genre! ("Playa del Gaia"- by daRem)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Playa del Gaia

Want ... to ... have ... that ... Precision Multiband from UAD ... want .. to ... :-)

This is a new track by me. As always, I am pretty clueless which genre this belongs into, all I know is that it's meant to jump into your feet and make them tap. Help me out - which genre should this go in?

The story behind this track: This is the first song I mixed and mastered with some effects from my new UAD-1 Project Pak (the one with just the basic plugins). Apart from the Cambridge EQ (which I will get as soon as the trial period is over), I was extremely impressed by their Precision series, especially the Precision Limiter and the Presision Multiband Compressor, which were both used in the mastering stage. Now if the precision pack wouldn't be 500 bucks - but still they are VERY VERY tempting.

Apart from the genre suggestions, I would be glad about your opinion regarding the mix and mastering. I am still a beginner with these things (I ignored eq-ing, limiting and such completely until a few months ago). So constructive input would be appreciated :-)

About the instruments used: Zebra 2.1, Rhino, Albino 3, Trilogy, EZDrummer, Stylus RMX, Virtual Guitarist 2.

Enjoy!
daRem - PinkLime Studios

I'd be tempted to call it chillout, but it also has some rock/jazz elements.
Maybe Smooth Chillout...

What does it matter anyway? :) Make up a genre name and start your own revolution.

The song is well done, but I found it too cheesy for my tastes (especially the fake horn).
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

Hehe, I didn't try to emulate horns, really, just liked the sound of Albino for this part :-)

Anyone else? Comments on the production maybe?
daRem - PinkLime Studios

Return to “Music Cafe”