More Electronica

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings KVRists,

If anyone is interested, I added 10 songs to my myspace; in the flash player. I found 4 was quite limiting since I have hundreds, ranging from 2 minute WIPs to fully fledged 10 minute tracks.

I'd really appreciate some feedback on the tracks, if you have the time. They range from very old to pretty new. 'Life Is Good (Life Is Short)' is a pretty popular one (and the oldest track on my space), even if you're not really into dance music you might like it. It was going to get airplay but was pulled at the last minute. 'Nowhere Left To Go (Musician's Lament)' is one of my personal favourites; I'm currently working on a new version of that anyway. 'Fire Water' has had some very encouraging comments, but unfortunately I've lost the project file. 'Rock Electronica' was sought after by some internet-radio DJs, but I said it was unfinished. 'In Your Head' was tipped to have the foundations of a "cult classic" by a longserving producer. 'Don't Try Too Hard' had some positive comments from an Indie-music producer, even though it's totally electronic. 'This Time It's This' has had a few positive comments from indie musicians. I just need to know which ones are best to work on, that's all ;) I'm not too good at judging my music whilst being unbiased, so I could do with some help.

If anything takes your fancy I'll be sure to find the time inbetween working on my new stuff to work on a better mix. I'm much more adept than I used to be, in every single area, so I think I could do a pretty good job of turning these (in retrospect) unfinished pieces into full productions. They may not be finished, but if anyone thinks they have potential, I'll try to elaborate. Let me know your thoughts, I'll be very grateful. Be as critical as you want. Believe me; I can take it.

Click on the logo in my signature to go to myspace. If it doesn't work (Heaven knows why) then the link is:

http://www.myspace.com/theunsignedexperience

Have fun...

P3U6!SUn 3H+

I couldn't get the flash player to work at my job, but I listened to the four tracks in you MySpace player. I thought they were quite good. I don't remember the titles though, but the production is good.
Software: Reason 10, Acid Pro 8, Reaper, Sibelius,RapidComposer,Captain Plugins, Orb Plugins
https://soundcloud.com/devin-cooper-620205327
Need help with writing Lyrics, Try This: https://lyricstudio.net/?via=devin

No problem if you can't get it to work. Thanks for trying anyway. Personally, I have my computer set to prompt me everytime an ActiveX tries to run. If I say no to it, the flash player doesn't work over here either. I'm guessing it's this.

Thanks for commenting on the other tracks though, I appreciate it.

I guess nobody can get it to work... :shock:

Regards,

P3U6!SUn 3H+

I'm confident it must work on someone's computer. It's either that it doesn't work on someone's computer, the songs are so bad that they're not worth a comment or the fact nobody has any time and I'm very impatient. Maybe all three, but I would appreciate some kind of a comment, it's very limiting for me, as most studios have a couple of producers, they have quite a few pairs of ears. The more ears the better really, I know it's a little subjective, but it's not really that hard is it? I just want to know which one(s) sound the best production and/or the best song, or if it makes it a little easier just which ones you like (if any). I'm sure there must be at least one track that's close to being worthy of being remade into a proper production, as opposed to just being a fleeting idea. Or if they're all rubbish, just tell me, I'll just forget about them and move on. Be honest.

I figured that the flash player works on some people's computers and not on others. A few people have tested it, the majority work and on some people's it doesn't work. I'm confident it's the ActiveX.

It sure takes time around these parts. Would it be easier if I asked someone to cut off a limb for me? :hihi:

I apologise for bumping and being a little impatient.

Breakbeat forever....

P3U6!SUn 3H+

"Fire Water" is a creative composition which may be a direction to consider. The CS80 sounding drone gives instant gratification to "future mechanized" imagery. I enjoyed the sounds.
Curly

Sanctuary wrote:"Fire Water" is a creative composition which may be a direction to consider. The CS80 sounding drone gives instant gratification to "future mechanized" imagery. I enjoyed the sounds.

I also think Fire Water could have been a decent track with a little more work. I'm glad you enjoyed the sounds. It's the most recent song that I've got on myspace. Shame I lost the project file to that song before I actually finished it, although I'm pretty confident I can get the sounds back again. Failing that I could do another track in the same vain (which is ironic because I have been considering this once I've finished the breakbeat tracks i'm working on now).

Thanks for the comment, it's definitely a helpful one.

Regards,

P3U6!SUn 3H+

I have a new song, it goes a bit like this....

"Bumpety bumpety bump bump bump-bump bump,
A bump a bumpy bump bump bump-bump,
bumpy bumpy bump diddly bump-bump diddly bump,
Bump diddly bump a diddly bumpety diddly bump."

You like it? You've guessed the title. It's called 'Impatience'.

Where's the best place to go for feedback? Sweden? Nigeria? The North Pole?

Anyway.....

P3U6!SUn 3H+

I'm losing the will right now so I won't even bother with chit-chat.

I added 10 more songs to the 10 I already put on the Flash Player. Love 'em or Hate 'em, I really don't care anymore...

There's about another hundred I'd like people to hear, but there doesn't seem to be much open-mindedness anywhere that I can find. Thanks to those who did/do take an interest. God bless you.

P3U6!SUn 3H+

hi. you have sorta of a prodigy sound :) for those who like the prodigy, i think they will like your music :)
Last edited by chicken muffin on Tue Mar 13, 2007 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

[edit] nevermind

chicken muffin wrote:hi. you have sorta of a prodigy sound :) for those who like the prodigy, i think they will like your music :)
Thanks. My brother said something similar. He said he'd never heard a group who sound as similar and that I should send some of my music to them. The next time Liam logs on to myspace he'll get a message from me :)

Thanks for the comment, I appreciate any kind of feedback :)

P3U6!SUn 3H+

The Unsigned wrote:I'm not too good at judging my music whilst being unbiased, so I could do with some help.
I know that feeling. Try to forget you wrote it while listening to it. :wink: Mix it in with some other people's stuff.

I really liked In Vain, but as for these top four here there's not enough that actually "happens". You just have too much little bits of this and that; little ideas that you don't take much of anywhere. You just repeat them 4/8 loops or so and then discard for another idea which you treat similarly.

I'm sure that's not a totally fair criticism. To give better I'd have to listen to each track over and over. I really liked In Vain though. Maybe having lyrics helps you "finish" things better.

Which isn't to say this stuff is bad. Just that I'd like to listen to In Vain on the way to work tomorrow but I'm pretty apathetic to hear the others again.

Some of your stuff sounds pretty good. "Rock Electronica" sounds like it's straight out of the Command and Conquer series. It's got that Frank Klepacki style and quality to it, same with, "Electronic Mind". :)
Tracks I would suggest making better, fuller mixes of would be:

Rock Electronica
Dark Vs. Light
Heavy Darkness
Electronic Mind
I End the Guns
---
The small bio you have writen there, "mostly Electronic-orientated, but their styles can differ dramatically...people have had problems trying to categorise The Unsigned's music into one particular style...two or more of their songs can sound like they are written by totally different groups." is basically how I used to describe my own stuff. I've stopped trying to describe it all and have removed any attempts at a bio. :P

Anyways, some good stuff in there. Most of the songs are pretty good, they could just all use some mixing love.

I get what your saying Jay and it's a totally fair, if not a fairly accurate judgement. The thing is I'm not very good at finishing things. I have a very active (maybe hyperactive mind). Although I don't have ADHD or anything, sometimes I act like I do. Usually I'm the one who sparks the ideas and it's usually the other members who have the patience to say "right, let's finish this one and produce it properly". Wheras I just move one from idea to idea, sometimes getting focused enough to make something whole and sometimes only having the focus to half finish it. So yeah, you're observation is really true.

I'm glad you liked In Vain, it's from a new ethos really. I've vowed to make songs with lyrics in from now, people have told me for years that the only thing missing is lyrics. I really do agree, having lyrics seems so focus me more and it makes the songs sound more complete, which is what I'm looking for. I guess is gives a piece a message and emotion instead of just being plain old music. I do have many more lyrics, I've been writing them for years, I've just never put them in songs very much. When I have I haven't have the will to follow them through and finish them. Personally, I'm not even sure if I would have picked those ones for my main 4, it's just they've had the best feedback e.g Hypermetamorphosis got into the to number 88 out of 25,000 on soundclick. Thanks for listening and commenting :)

I guess you're right Hamster, for the same reason I mentioned above. I really could do with chilling out a bit and mixing them properly, the tracks are pretty old though, maybe 3 or 4 years old. I think your choice is wise. "Rock Electronica" I really like the feel of, it's a shame it's so incomplete and the soundscape is a little "thin". It really needs layering to make it sound fuller. I like "Electronic Mind", I made this without even using Piano roll, which is quite strange, considering it turned out ok. Your other choices are good too. Aside from "In Vain", "Light vs Dark" is the newest track I've done, I was going for something different and mellow.

I'll definitely consider the one's you've mentioned, I do agree on a few of them which is always good. Thanks for taking the time to listen and leave feedback.

I really appreciate your time and criticism, both of you. God Bless you.

P3U6!SUn 3H+

Return to “Music Cafe”