Cheap Italo Pop

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

to continue my current yamaha pss theme, i though i'd post this little italo number

http://www.box.net/public/5mmvxfb8mu

:)

Wow great Melody but.
The instruments was really cheap.
:-o :phones: :-o :phones: :-o :phones: :-o :phones: :-o

Now that's what I call a 'real' Italo track :) That's the sound I wanted to hear.
Finally some good catchy melody and great,albeit cheap-sounding synth brass.

The track kicks ass,despite the cheapness of the instruments.
Great work,CinningBao.

It reminds me of the similar stuff I used to make a long time ago with those shitty PSS synths and OPL2 soundcards :)
Last edited by softsynth on Wed Feb 28, 2007 7:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I like the cheap pss sound.
This is great....although unecessarily too long.
I had to google 'italo' as I'd never heard of it before.
I've always like Euro-Disco though.

oddbods finger wrote:I like the cheap pss sound.
This is great....although unecessarily too long.
I had to google 'italo' as I'd never heard of it before.
I've always like Euro-Disco though.
Just read the Wikipedia article - it's very informative and pretty detailed.

Yes,5:30 is a bit long for a track like this.

BTW,is there any freeware OPL2 FM VSTi out there? (with sound similar to that MIDI emulator found in Foobar2000)

thanks guys! :)
yeah, i may have got a little carried away after the drum break - i suppose i was imitating the old 12 inch format; music, breakdown, music..

ah, this stuff's great as well - check
http://www.spacesynth.net/WhatIs

CinningBao wrote:thanks guys! :)
yeah, i may have got a little carried away after the drum break - i suppose i was imitating the old 12 inch format; music, breakdown, music..

ah, this stuff's great as well - check
http://www.spacesynth.net/WhatIs
Spacesynth is my favorite :) Pure synth heaven. Just listen to some of those powerful tracks from Cyber People or Laserdance.Retro sound,but still great even now.

You have a decent track concept. It could go even cheaper/lo fi sounding. It almost sounds too good for "lo fi". It would also be interesting IMO to have some of the tarnce producers on this forum remix this and see what happens. Just my two cents.
peace
Jazzyspoon

I'd be up for remixing it. I like it.

Cheap...but never tawdry. It doesn't "go" real far but was a pleasant background listen that got my foot shaking a bit. Would probably be much better in a club than in my little wageslave office.

bonjour CinningBao,

i've gotta say i have always been into italo disco since the early 90's....so my appreciation of this tune is maybe a little bias, but i like it alot.

i was just waiting for a male vocoded vox to come in!
where is it?! it would complete the track! lol :hihi:

good work bro

adam
JD

Please feel free to do what you want with it! Interpet it how you please :)
I might lay some gay vocals on top of this version, but if you wanna enhance it with your sound (the actual keyboards are 20 years old!) there's nothing I can do to stop you!

Please post a link back here though..
and thanks for your compliments Jazzy and Flex. :)

thanks mayan and adam! :)
if any of these keyboards vocoded, then vocoded vox would be a given.. sadly they weren't, and i'm trying to keep as 'natural' as possible (all live playing except the first layer of drums and barely any effects)
if i can pluck up the courage, i might try some tight-ass (take that how you want ;) ) vocals

Return to “Music Cafe”