new mass rapid transport : 9to5forlife

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

9to5forlife at www.soundclick.com/bicyclerider

would like to hear what you think, it's a bit commercial maybe ?

ok people, I won't sentence you to 9to5forlife, but you've got to at least listen to the tune and comment...
Last edited by cuppa on Wed Mar 07, 2007 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ok, word has it that it is experimental rather than commercial...

so if you like experimental, you might like it too...

Yes, more experimental. And i like that. the concept is nice. The 4/4 drum usually gets to me after a while, but it seems very fitting for what you have done here. (the off set snare saves the day) Like all the darker keys and you vocals, too.
Thanks for sharing,
jazzyspoon

thanx jazzy !
to be honest, you are 100% right about the 4/4, I have the same feeling about this, on the other hand, I wanted the focus to be on the melodies, so that's why I chose it.
What would you have chosen as rhythmic basis if you had made this tune ? any suggestions ? I'm very curious about this, because this is one of the recurring problems that I have.

Thanx for your kind advice !

Hi cuppa,
I could probably have chosen something similar, but perhaps taken some time to set up some weird fills, an occasionally random "dubby" snare hit or roll, or even slid the whole drum pattern out of time with the song by a 16th or 32nd for various small intervals. But what you have here is great. I hope I didn't come off as too critical. This song has been in my stereo the last week and I like it.
peace
Jazzy

hey, I was just listening to deluxer :) again when I saw your post, thanx for the advice,
I'm going to try and make some changes as you suggested.
Nope, you don't sound critical at all, what you pinpointed was exactely the one big
concern I had about the tune myself ! I am very grateful that someone is listening and takes the time to comment !

Return to “Music Cafe”