calling all vocalists! (experiment within)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

friends, musicians, kvrians...lend me your throats...

legion hush has been working on lyrics and vocals for a song i wrote called small towns and he mentioned that it could be interesting to see what other people would do with the same song. i agreed and so here we are...

your mission, should you choose to accept it:
- write lyrics and record vocals for the the song linked above.
- the song title is to remain "small towns" (or some variation on that) but you are free to interpret it however you see fit.
- all styles and levels of ability are welcome.
- when you are done, post your mp3 to this thread along with the lyrics.
- [edit] due date: april 22nd.

this is just to be a fun and friendly experiment, so we can see how different people approach the same piece of music and the same basic theme. even if you are not too comfortable in your vocal abilities, i still encourage you to give this a try. the more people that post their versions, the more interesting the experiment will become. so hopefully a whole bunch of people will be willing to take a crack at this.

so, who's up for this?
:hyper:
Last edited by ugo on Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I feel a month is a good time frame no?

ugo wrote:even if you are not too comfortable in your vocal abilities, i still encourage you to give this a try.
For some reason, I'm a sucker for these kind of pitches. I'll probably give it a shot, but it'll be a few days at least.

Echo Voodoo wrote:
ugo wrote:even if you are not too comfortable in your vocal abilities, i still encourage you to give this a try.
For some reason, I'm a sucker for these kind of pitches. I'll probably give it a shot, but it'll be a few days at least.
cool! :)

no rush on the time. i agree with legion hush that 1 month sounds like a good time frame to shoot for on this.

edit: actually, i think i'll set the due date as april 22nd. that will give an extra weekend to those in the US who may be loosing the previous weekend to doing their taxes.

Nice soundscape ! Good mix !

a bump to see if the idea catches any more interest...

ehh i was interested until i heard the song... ehhh

sorry :P

RonC

Nearly forgot about this - I'll give it a go :)

Didn't think I'd have time, but I'm still having piano mic dramas, so will be able to spend a bit of time on it :)
I've joined Lurkers Anonymous.

Return to “Music Cafe”