Reyortsed Rekaeps (experimental speaker test track)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A nice,very quiet test track unlike anything you've ever heard before.

NOTE: You'll need a really good speaker/soundcard/amp setup with a low noise floor to fully enjoy this track.

Just crank up the volume a bit more to enjoy the very quiet sounds and noises (just don't overdo it).
If you're still hearing silence,turn up the volume a bit more.Yes,there is sound.
Enjoy the most exciting trip you've ever experienced :D

WARNING: Play this track at your own risk! As with all trippy stuff,a good trip is not always guaranteed :D

http://stashbox.org/14865/SoftSynth_Pro ... ekaeps.ogg

DOUBLE WARNING: Play this track at your own risk! As with all trippy stuff,there's a small chance that you may actually have a bad one :D
Last edited by softsynth on Tue Sep 18, 2007 11:20 pm, edited 4 times in total.

nice :)
crack that snare! lucky i kept my headphone volume down or i could have done some major damage!
is there a purpose to this noise? perhaps something to drop on the stereo in a room of trippers? yeah, actually, get those freaky trippers! :-o

As you can see,it's a test track for testing your speaker capabilities,but can also be used as a (not very) nice surprise for a sleeping crowd of trippers :D
The heavily compressed and distorted 'square' noise is supposed to simulate how a blown-up set of speakers and amp would sound like.It may give you the false impression of blowing up your speakers,while it's not actually doing this.
The snare buildup tests the dynamic range capability of your speakers and the final test noise shows very high perceived loudness with not that high of a signal.
The final (quiet) melody part is to assure you that no damage has been made to your speakers.

FYI,the track name,when spelled backwards reads "Speaker Destroyer"
Last edited by softsynth on Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

yeah, i caught on to the "Speaker destroyer" backwards thing quickly. Just didnt want to spoil it. And the fact that the file isnt very large kinda gave it away that it wouldnt really induce and acid trip. Also the fact that he wanted me to turn it up... ;)

lateralus778 wrote:yeah, i caught on to the "Speaker destroyer" backwards thing quickly. Just didnt want to spoil it. And the fact that the file isnt very large kinda gave it away that it wouldnt really induce and acid trip. Also the fact that he wanted me to turn it up... ;)
lateralus: Check out my new track 'A BAD ACID TRIP' for a real acid trip experience :D

Return to “Music Cafe”